• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Chantal.p

Transdermal B12 oils

thanks for that @arewenearlythereyet ! I've been taking the oils for 2 months so be great if it just settled down as it has done for you - fingers crossed! I only take 500mg (1 capsule of magnesium) in the evening so will try upping that and using the spray I haven't used for a while and the...
  2. Chantal.p

Transdermal B12 oils

Hi guys, Question for you guys taking the oils - any issues with insomnia and if so how have you resolved? I wasn't having much of an issue when I was taking sublingual and was ok when I first started on the oils but the last month has been really hard and it feels like its getting worse. I...
  3. Chantal.p

Transdermal B12 oils

@garyfritz very encouraging! Yes I have two dentists earmarked for if I go through with it - one is on the list you gave me (Evolve in bristol). The other isn't but seems to follow same safety protocol and is one hour away rather than over 2 hours (4 hour round trip plus treatment is going to...
  4. Chantal.p

Transdermal B12 oils

Thats really interesting to read @garyfritz as Im just in the process of considering the amalgam factor myself. I have 7 fillings (most since childhood), some repaired as bits fell our along the way. I've frankly just been to scared to mess with them as it really sounds like a biggy with many...
  5. Chantal.p

Transdermal B12 oils

Hi all, Just to check in with my B12 oils experience in case anyone is checking this thread in future choosing wether to give them a go. Ive been taking the adeno/methyl mix for for nearly 2 months now. Before that I was taking 12mg B12 sublingual methyl / 3mg adeno . I have had some...
  6. Chantal.p

Using new symptoms as "clues" in methylation protocol

@Critterina Thanks for that - it makes sense!
  7. Chantal.p

Transdermal B12 oils

just placed my first order for gregs oils (i don't notice much benefit from the 12mg B12 sublingual methyl / 3mg adeno I currently take alongside 9mg folate). Wasn't sure which to go for so went for 1 bottle methyl, 1 bottle methyl/adeno, and 1 bottle of the "ice". Fingers crossed for some...
  8. Chantal.p

Those who have stopped methyl supps due to bad reaction, how long did it take to get back to normal?

Thanks @lakesarecool Yep I'll keep going with the methylation protocol - thinking of trying Greggs B12 oils instead of my sublinguals next to see if I get more effect (not noticing much of the "brightening" despite quite high doses). I take vitamin E and 500mcg of magnesium a day. I do take...
  9. Chantal.p

Using new symptoms as "clues" in methylation protocol

I remember @Freddd saying that it was helpful to see new symptoms coming up in the methylation protocol as clues regarding what the body is doing / lacking. Sinus symptoms and some gut reactions I was able to get under control titrating doses/ratios of B12 and folate. The new symptoms I'm trying...
  10. Chantal.p

Those who have stopped methyl supps due to bad reaction, how long did it take to get back to normal?

Thank you for the reply @lakesarecool ! Well the good news is I had managed to get rid of the sinus pain (I kept titrating with the B12 / folate ratios and found a balance at 12mg B12 and 9mg folate and took plenty of potassium throughout day). Ironically though at your time of messaging me I'm...
  11. Chantal.p

Sugar-free MethylB12 tablets?

@Freddd amazing journey. I just want to say thank you so much for sharing all you learned over that long period. I really appreciate being able to "short cut" so many years of trial and error (although I'm not so naive to not expect there still to be lots to discover when applying it to my own...
  12. Chantal.p

My current list of meds & supplements for CF & Bartonella - would love to see others

For CFS - Methyl B12 - 1000mcg twice a day (but will continue to titrate up) - Adeno B12 - 750mcg twice a day - titrating up - L-methylfolate (currently 6400mcg spread over 4 times a day but will titrate up to fix folate insufficiency caused by B12 as needed) - Potassium Gluconate every 2...
  13. Chantal.p

@jnwp I've only been on Freddd's protocol for a week but my main symptom is bad sinus pain too. I've been supplementing with potassium and I am increasing my folate every day hoping that I will reach a point where it gets rid of it. Started at 400mcg and today up to 2800mcg (spread over 4...
  14. Chantal.p

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Thanks Freddd! I shall keep ramping up the folate!
  15. Chantal.p

@Freddd Thanks for the reply - that all makes sense and I'm definitely being cautious in watching for the potassium deficiency. Been reading my way through all your advice over the years on here (the 44 page "a guide to Freddd's protocol" with lots of your forum quotes, and the "How I was...
  16. Chantal.p

@Freddd Thanks for the simplified update! My main symptoms from protocol startup so far are Headache, diarrhea, and occasional nausea and stomach ache. These fall in the group 3 category so I'd presume folate deficiency. However from what I've read they would also be the same as from taking...
  17. Chantal.p

@Freddd Thank you for that information and thank you so much for everything you have researched and posted on the forum over the years. I have been reading through so much of what you have written across threads and although I am just at the start of your protocol I am really excited about the...
  18. Chantal.p

What are the Current Reccomendations for B12 , Folate, etc...BRANDS

@Victronix Thanks! That's helped me make the final call - ordering now. I heard back from the company and its less than 0.5g fructose which won't affect my ketosis. As for my teeth I'll just have to brush them after, take some calcium and hope for the best! Maybe one day they will replace the...
  19. Chantal.p

Yes - I'm still reading round on here and just been reading some peoples good reports on the CL so was thinking about splicing it! Def going for one of those two brands anyway (sure you are right about the amount of fructose in tablet not being that significant too) but as my brain has hit...
  20. Chantal.p

http://countrylifevitamins.com/store/methyl-b-12-5000mg xylitol, cellulose, dextrin, L-leucine, natural flavors, silica Jarrow 5 mg methyl B12 has -- xylitol, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable source), natural flavor, citric acid and magnesium stearate (vegetable source). Which is better...
  21. Chantal.p

@PatJ Thank you for that! I've followed the second thread in case anything else pops up on there in future. Such a shame the enzymatic therapy one has fructose in. The country Life 5mg is a but much for me to start of with so I might go enzy and keep my fingers crossed re the fructose.
  22. Chantal.p

Hi all (first post but been thoroughly digesting material on this fantastic forum for last few months), I have the same question as @cman89 . I'm just making the switch to Freddds protocol and have just switched the hydroxy B12 I'd been taking for years for methylcobalamin. I'm in the UK and...