• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

How do I know if I have functional b6 or b12 deficiency?

I recently had bloodwork as I suspected possible b vitamin deficiencies among other things due to symptoms I've been experiencing. Unfortunately I started supplementation with several vitamins including high doses of b12 for about a month or so prior to getting bloodwork, stopping the b12 about...
  2. M

Need help, very confused and worried (BLOODWORK)

I suppose that could be though it seems very low especially for how much meat I consume. I would think I'd have normal levels at least. But I have no idea if it correlates to the tremors. Unfortunately my Dr did not test these but I had a test in march (shortly before this all set on) and they...
  3. M

In terms of medication I was on none at the time of bloodwork.
  4. M

Also the creatinine was 1.5. This is always slightly elevated and I've seen very common among people who exercise with heavy weight training. I've had values around here for years. My bigger concerns are simply what the cause of the iron deficiency and d3 could be. I eat lots of meat and take...
  5. M

I certainly see and appreciate what you're saying. I'm not looking for a diagnosis or anything but rather just trying to gain perspective from other people who have experienced similar issues or might know se potential causes for these abnormalities. I simply want to gain knowledge for my own...
  6. M

I have not. I stumbled across these boards last month however and have found very helpful information from other members. I'm not sure what I'm experiencing but it seems a lot of people on these boards have a range of neurological issues and are very well educated on these subjects. That's the...
  7. M

I have another question. Could the low iron plus strenuous workouts be why I have excessive muscle damage (aka not recovering properly)? Also what would high aldolase but within range CK indicate as I believe CK is a marker for muscle damage as well.
  8. M

sorry fo the poor pictures. I can retake or just post values if anyone has trouble reading them. I really need help here guys. I have no idea what's going on and am freaking out a bit.
  9. M

For over 2 months now I've been experiencing a few neurological symptoms. The first and most notable of these is full body tremors. These occur upon action and also posturally, never at rest. The place most effected is my hands and notably thumbs and index fingers. However, I've felt some...
  10. M

Need help with genetic genie results and neurological issues

Just read this. Having CBS and BHMT in combination with MTHFR A1298C is known as the “BH4 deficiency double whammy” It seems this might apply to me. However, I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm doing more research now, but if anyone can offer insight I'd greatly appreciate it.
  11. M

Need help with genetic genie results and neurological issues

For the past month and a half I've been experiencing a few neurological issues. Most notable is action tremors in my hands, legs, core, and even slightly face. Along with this I have also experienced muscle twitches all over and some light tingling sensations as well periodically. I need to...
  12. M

Weird neurological issues... seeing neurologist next week. Need advice

I don't have ME/CFS, but it seems there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board going through a variety of neurological symptoms Here's what I got to be tested: CBC Metabolic panel Thyroid including antibodies Ferritin, Serum Folate, RBC Homocysteine, Cardiovascular Iron, Serum...
  13. M

Weird neurological issues... seeing neurologist next week. Need advice

I've ran across this place a few times now over this past few weeks. This board seems to be a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the human body. My question is this. I've been experiencing a host of neurological issues for 1.5 months now Most notably tremors all throughout my body upon...
  14. M

Very high b12 and folate

Well the thing is, I'm here for a different reason that a lot of people. The symptoms I mentioned were BEFORE any supplemenation. I've been scouring the web doing research for weeks now, looking for an answer of what could possibly be causing my weird neurological issues. Despite not having CFS...
  15. M

Very high b12 and folate

Thanks for the detailed response. If you don't mind going into a little more detail, what exactly will an OAT test show me?
  16. M

Very high b12 and folate

I know these tests, can be semi-useless, and even more so if using supplementation, but I was curious of where my levels were so I had the bloodwork done and I want to know if this could be an indication of a functional deficiency? I just started sublingual b12 supplemenation (10k mcg a day)...