• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. IntelligentImpulse

LED red intranasal light therapy

@Ricard - The 810 does have a simpler LED but if you were to examine the glass(or ceramic?) casing properly, there is a divergence built to angle the beam towards the underside of the brain. I know nothing of plastic manufacturing but the clip that clips unto your nose is more convenient than...
  2. IntelligentImpulse

Fibromyalgia grieving and opiate intolerance.

In terms of opiate use, quite different(poppy plant extract versis marijuana) but has anyone tried using medical marijuana to address or numb fibromyalgia pain? Chemically, both of them are fundamentally different so intolerance to opiates might not necessarily mean the same thing for marijuana.
  3. IntelligentImpulse

It's been awhile since I posted within these forums but I found this link from this company's Facebook feed(https://www.facebook.com/vielight/) on my Facebook wall , figured I might share with you guys ...
  4. IntelligentImpulse

How do you all stay alive without enough finances or help/care from others?

I'm really sorry to hear you're in that situation, @enginewitty. If anything, I'd look into social programs designed to help people in need and re-integrate them via help with job searches. I've had CFS for awhile but I fought it tooth and nail to make sure it didn't hinder my working hours...
  5. IntelligentImpulse

I'm glad you're finding positive effects with your homemade gadget, @escallum. I've been experimenting on myself with reflex tests (http://www.neurofeedback-partner.de/product_info.php?info=p86_capit-o.html) along with memory tests and have found a noticeable improvement over the course of three...
  6. IntelligentImpulse

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

I'd be very afraid of sticking anything like that up my arm.
  7. IntelligentImpulse

Creepy loss of skin sensation

I agree with @PennylA, the b6 toxicity test is affordable and could lead to you finding out something you didn't know you had. It really is a small price to pay.
  8. IntelligentImpulse

UK scientists muzzled again?

I don't know much about the UK in terms of pharmaceutical policies but I do know that the UK and Canada have terrible environmental science policies in regards to defunding scientists etc anything which would hurt the present economy. It's a shame that governments only think about the present...
  9. IntelligentImpulse

Blood filter to remove cytokines

If anything, I see this as a temporary relief more than anything else - since even after the excess cytokines have been filtered, it will only be a matter of time before they are reproduced. Then again, this applies to all medication.. Do they have a % rate yet?
  10. IntelligentImpulse

@Chris : Thanks for pointing that website out, I did glance at it initially but wasn't sure what their association with Vielight is. I learnt a lot from the educational video created by Lew on the Vielight youtube channel as well, featuring researchers from Harvard School of Medicine and the VA...
  11. IntelligentImpulse

Brain replacing something you're trying to recall with something else

What an interesting name for a theory. Perhaps this may be due to the failure of certain neurons (or if that theory is correct, a neuron) to fire appropriately. If only we understood the effects of brain fog on a neurological level, then perhaps we could begin drawing firmer conclusions.
  12. IntelligentImpulse

Well, what a coincidence, I joined this forums several months ago for ME/CFS and didn't see this thread. After hearing about Vielight/intranasal light therapy from a friend of mine about half a year ago, I passed this off as quackery/garbage but decided to do some research. I worked as an...
  13. IntelligentImpulse

1 hour remission, random occurrence of apparent shift in brain chemistry

Perhaps it may be a one off sequence within your brain's neurological make up? After all, the brain is quite a complex cocktail of hormonal secretion, electrical and cellular signalling and.. not to mention the trillions of connections within its network infrastructure. I wouldn't be surprised...
  14. IntelligentImpulse

@Misfit Toy : Have you tried using medical marijuana? I've had a bit of luck with that so far.
  15. IntelligentImpulse

What do people know about this Research Trial (on drug Mirogabalin) 5/15/15 Boston Clinical Trials

Interesting, Lyrica/pregabalin managed to help me a bit with my pain but the side effect of dizziness coupled with brain fog made it too hard to continue using. Similar to solving one piece of the puzzle only to have another removed, I suppose.
  16. IntelligentImpulse

Klimas’s 23andME Research Tribe - for PWME to share 23andME results with Dr Nancy Klimas

Interesting, if only they covered the expense of the genetic tests I would gladly participate. They cost $199 at present and I have no interest in my Austrian genealogy.
  17. IntelligentImpulse

Difficulty "seeing" things in plain view

When the symptoms are particularly bad, the brain fog prevents most of my ability to comprehend things properly. Trace over symptoms like mental blanks are fairly common. Some of it is a question of willpower to remain mentally alert and making an effort to recognize everything around me...
  18. IntelligentImpulse

Can't sleep at all

Have you heard of the red crescents test (also found in these forums?) I can't personally say how accurate it is as a diagnosis but it might be worth a read through : http://www.immunesupport.com/93sum007.htm I can't gauge how accurate the test is, unfortunately. Here is something you can read...
  19. IntelligentImpulse

Choline/Inositol and Night Dream

I can't seem to find anything pertaining to dreams and choline/inositol and their side effects : http://www.livestrong.com/article/386761-side-effects-of-choline-and-inositol/ If this happened more consistently, as opposed to just one day, the sample size seems too small to draw a conclusion...
  20. IntelligentImpulse

Overwhelmed

Perhaps it might be anxiety fueled by a feeling of helplessness? Do you think this has a psychological aspect stemming from unhappiness? In my experience, when things weren't going well for me in life, I used to have these anxiety attacks but they were not specific to a certain time of day...
  21. IntelligentImpulse

Reducing Inflammation of Brain and Spinal Cord With Ice Packs ?

I've tried homemade ice packs. I think the numbing sensation draws my sensory attention away from the pain, rather than actually solving it. Either way, it's a good distraction, even if unpleasant.
  22. IntelligentImpulse

What Are Your Most Amusing (Or Disconcerting) Brain Fog Experiences?

I was supposed to take my dog for a walk but halfway through, realized I forgot to bring the dog. However, I do have a ton of memos around my house to remember to feed my little guy though.
  23. IntelligentImpulse

I can now sleep...with this curry

Thank you for the recipe, I gave it a shot yesterday. However, just a brief analysis of its contents.. Lots of onions - about 20-25 medium-large. Handful of chopped green and red peper. 2/3 tin of tomatoes. 4 spoons fresh garlic and ginger puree (ground up 2/3 ginger and 1/3 garlic cloves in...
  24. IntelligentImpulse

nothing but adrenaline at night

Hello, Based on my own experience, I made it a point to exhaust myself during daylight hours and made it imperative that I performed some form of exercise that drained my body of excess metabolic energy to flood my body with "fatigue" chemical signals which in turn, initiates a neurological...
  25. IntelligentImpulse

Changes in hair growth?

I've had CFS for awhile, however have only experienced a slight difference in hair texture. In CFS and fibromyalgia patients, as in any chronic illness, a very common cause of unusual hair loss is a condition called "Telogen Effluvium." This is when the normal cycles of natural growing and...
  26. IntelligentImpulse

Drinking Water

Personally, I really detest buying spring water from water bottles, or anything related to companies that sell bottled water. It is a huge scam and the environmental impact of the waste generated from plastic bottles is devastating. On the other hand, I don't trust government regulated water...
  27. IntelligentImpulse

Long-Term Memory Problems.

From a cellular level, I think a lot of this may be due to the integrity of neuronal structures. Thought processes are governed by the healthy "state" and connections between neuronal synapses in the brain, so it's logical to assume that realizing your full potential for remembering things may...
  28. IntelligentImpulse

How to normalise sleep pattern

My sleeping patterns are often linked to my anxiety level, as well as my level of boredom. I believe it may be linked to personality as well. For example, procrastination plays a heavy factor in determining some people's willingness to take a nap - however, if something needs to be done, however...
  29. IntelligentImpulse

I haven't found a drug that helps with fibromyalgia yet that didn't cause some degree of mental damage. @Mya Symons : How effective has Channel Flow been for you in regards to treating fibromyalgia?