• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mercy

Need help interpreting 23andMe results.

Thank you, Caledonia! I really appreciate that you took the time to look over my results. It sounds pretty straightforward the way you described it.
  2. Mercy

Thanks for the info, Misfit Toy. I will check him out.
  3. Mercy

Help! Because of severe neck pain, my time on a computer is limited to a few minutes a day. As I am sure you can imagine, this makes performing any research terribly challenging. I would be extremely grateful for any assistance analyzing my data. METHYLATION homozygous: BHMT-02 rs567754...
  4. Mercy

Nasonex or Flonase?

Hi Elizabeth, I use the Fisher Playkel Flexifit 431 http://www.fphcare.com/products/flexifit-431-full-face-mask/. I also have neck problems and, of course, multiple sleep issues. I have been using a CPAP for about ten years now and would not be able to sleep at all without one. But I can tell...
  5. Mercy

Nasonex or Flonase?

Before you consider using a steroid nasal spray, I recommend you try a full face mask for your CPAP. I use one because I find the nasal masks intolerable for the reason you described. I also use an attached humidifier. The combination is very comfortable. Since you never needed the steroids...
  6. Mercy

Quatrefolic Methylfolate - Best Brand (?)

Thanks so much, Lotus. There is so much to figure out and I appreciate the help.
  7. Mercy

Quatrefolic Methylfolate - Best Brand (?)

This is new to me and the first I have heard that B-Right was problematic. I am just beginning to deal with this issue and have found myself overwhelmed. I have been taking methylcobalamin that also contains folate as folinic acid. I assume from what you have said that this is a problem? I had...
  8. Mercy

Electrolyte product?

JAH I have been thinking of trying the Pure Encapsulations. In the US it available through a variety of retailers. I use Natural Healthy Concepts frequently and find they have good prices and fast service. http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/electrolyte-energy-formula.html
  9. Mercy

Facing Christmas With the ME/CFS Community at Phoenix Rising

I am so sorry, jimells for all hat you are going through. I really hope you finally get your disability decision and can find a way to make it financially. My decision took 3 1/2 years and I thought that was a long time but 5 years is absolutely horrible! Forbearance and jimells, I fear I was a...
  10. Mercy

Facing Christmas With the ME/CFS Community at Phoenix Rising

Thank you, Jody. I have not seen my family in six years because I am too sick to leave my house and they all live in a far off state. Life goes on for them, filled with births (I have a 6-year-old niece I have never even met) weddings, birthday parties (my Mom is 91 and I am unlikely ever to see...
  11. Mercy

MCS / reactivity to kitty litter and waste -- help?

Have you considered using sterilized sand for litter?
  12. Mercy

Lyme Disease as a model and or subset of CFS - Must reading on Lyme or CFS/ME

I just noticed your question. Banderol and Samento are both part of the Cowden protocol, but there is no reason why they cannot be used by themselves without following the entire protocol. They are in a liquid form and a specific number of drops are added to 4 ounces of water, which you drink...
  13. Mercy

Improving Using Rife and CDS/MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) for Lyme -- Coronavirus Update

I appreciate any input. Like every other lyme treatment, the responses seem to be higly variable, with some people finding great benefit and others none at all. What machine did you use? Mercy
  14. Mercy

Improving Using Rife and CDS/MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) for Lyme -- Coronavirus Update

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the response. I don't have any more questions at the moment but I may in the future. My head is spinning with all of the possible treatments for Lyme. Right now I am leaning towards adding either the full Cowden protocol or the Buhner protocol while remaining on...
  15. Mercy

Lyme Disease as a model and or subset of CFS - Must reading on Lyme or CFS/ME

Since the test from Advanced Laboratories actually cultures Borellia, by definition a positive result means that Borelia was present, otherwise it could not be grown in the culture medium. Unless I am missing something, there can be no false positives, only false negatives. The following are...
  16. Mercy

Use whole body vibration exercise for weight loss, bone density and muscle building

I did a cursory review of research on Google scholar and it seems that a variety if benefits have been obvserved including increased circulation, weight loss and increase in muscle mass. For those of use who are confined to bed, it seems reasonable that this could provide some benefits.
  17. Mercy

Hi Wayne, I have been reading through your various Rife posts and I am wondering if you would mind giving us an update on your Rife therapy. Do you feel overall that you have experienced an improvement because of Rife? I have been using antibiotics and herbs for Lyme for almost two years, with...
  18. Mercy

DR OZ TODAY (12/3) on CFS/XMRV

I can see how you could interpret it that way. But I did not see his suggestion of walking to the mailbox as excessive. It isn't exercise in the way in which healthy people think of exercise--ie. high intensity, aerobic. Besides it was very clear that he understood how even that little bit of...
  19. Mercy

DR OZ TODAY (12/3) on CFS/XMRV

I am grateful and appreciative for Dr. Oz's program on XMRV. He was clear in his explanations, his guests were excellent and he showed a great deal of compassion. It was obvious from the highly empathic faces in the audience that he and his guests had adequately conveyed the seriousness of this...
  20. Mercy

Teitelbaum on Low Blood Volume....Teitelbaum

In his defense, Teitlebaum does not receive any profits from his formulations so that there is no issue of a conflict of interest. On his website he does offer some products but mostly they are ones that are either difficult to find, or of a specific brand such as Integrative Therapeutics...