• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Some concerns about homeopathy

As a child yes i did. It made absolutely no difference at all. So am I allowed to hold my opinion that homeopathy is a load of dangerous rubbish now?
  2. S

Guardian article "I had CFS. the Lightning Process at least offers hope."

Isn’t even that highly debatable for an NLP based therapy?
  3. S

Guardian article "I had CFS. the Lightning Process at least offers hope."

I wasn’t a fan of the guardian before but they have really outdone themselves this week. The newspapers are disgusting in the UK
  4. S

How to forgive

I think most of us have been there with friends turning away or just drifting away, it’s never easy. Best of luck
  5. S

How to forgive

If it’s causing you problems then absolutely try to find a way to forgive them, they have caused you enough pain as it is. I don’t think not being able to forgive them makes you a bad person though. This illness is hell on Earth sometimes and while I don’t expect everyone to understand it I do...
  6. S

How to forgive

Im not sure I could ever forgive them personally. Does the anger cause you problems or do you just feel its wrong to be angry at family members?
  7. S

Articles on quackery and placebo effet

I suffer from OCD so magical thinking can be incredibly dangerous for me and other people with similar problems. Once you start down that rabbit hole it can cause a huge amount of harm for many people. So I don't believe these things are harmless, far from it in fact.
  8. S

Oh I know there's not even much sugar in them. Just like there's nothing else in the majority of cases. Brain fog just only allowed me to think of sugar pills at the time. Please don't get personal Erin. Ive tried hard to stay talking about the topic at hand and not the poster. It's been tough...
  9. S

Personally id say selling sugar pills with no objective evidence at all that they work is corruption too. But thats just me.
  10. S

Parents making me get psychologically assessed, need ideas for dealing with this

Unfortunately that's true. While I'm lucky personally I've had friends with parents like this. I'm afraid I can't really describe my feelings on it without swearing profusely!
  11. S

Dr Sarah myhill mitochondrial dysfunction test

Is there any news on the study they were doing on how accurate the acumen mito fiction test is yet?
  12. S

Over 300 babies had Belladonna poisoning in America from a homeopathic teething gels little while ago. I beilive some unfortunately died too. There was far more Belladonna in the product than there should have been. Of course you get into the argument of are products with more than just water...
  13. S

Science is a beautiful thing, flawed in some cases but beautiful.
  14. S

I'm very sorry your nephew is disabled, whether it was caused by the vaccine or not. Some people die from bad reations to vaccines but the benefits outweigh the risk when you take the country or the world as a whole. I'm not going to reply again on this because it is pointless.
  15. S

Because there are hundreds of scientific studies on vaccines. Th effectiveness is proven over and over again. We understand the percentage of people they will help and to what degree. We also understand that some people with be adversely affected because nothing is perfect. We know this because...
  16. S

Yes they are. Trying to argue otherwise is akin to arguing water isn't wet
  17. S

I tried it too, nothing
  18. S

You have been answered over and over. You do not like the answers given, that's different from not being answered. I'm really trying to stay polite and respectful here but it's becoming difficult.
  19. S

Erin, there's no need to feel stupid. I'd just like to provide an alternative theory. I don't know how long you hadn't slept for before you saw the homeopath but you seem to say you were very tired and ill that first night so you may have slept just because of that. There's always the natural...
  20. S

I have OCD, this didn't cause my ME and it doesn't make it worse. I will fight anyone that tells me otherwise. We aren't responsible for having this illness it's just bad luck.
  21. S

I'm really sorry to hear this. It sums up the reasons why I am against things such as homeopathy but thankfully I've never been so close to anyone affected in that way.
  22. S

Weird psychological reaction to being ill?

I think it's understandable that you'd terrified of relapsing or getting something else having made such improvements so I don't think it's ridiculous at all. The fact you know they are irrational fears is really good too, it's important to know that for you to be able to improve. I've had...
  23. S

I can have a psychiatric origin?

You also have to consider that the ME/CFS just appeared suddenly or you had it very mildly for a long time with a sudden worsening of symptoms. The timing with starting antidepressants could just be coincidence. It doesn't always have to start after a (noticeable) viral infection. I can...
  24. S

Homeopathy poll

The evidence says homeopathy does nothing and theres a lot of it, an awful lot. however if you want to try it then feel free. Just please don't get your hopes up and research what the homeopath is giving you to make sure its safe and tested.
  25. S

DWP spends £39m defending decisions to strip benefits from sick and disabled people

I personally think Its more about looking good to the average sun/daily mail readers to stay in power. They can show the stats of how many people have been taken off disability benefits and the reduction in the welfare bill while omitting the figures for defending those atrocities. Your average...
  26. S

Creating illusions of wondrous effects of yoga and meditation on health: A skeptic exposes tricks

When you post an absolute like you did, you have to be prepared for a backlash from people with equally strong views. You believe meditation helps people, thats perfectly fine. When you start using words like undeniable you will get peoples backs up because you are not posting as your opinion...
  27. S

Water fasting - Can I take my meds?

Is there any body of research that's found they choose to fast as opposed to just not being able to hunt when wounded?
  28. S

Water fasting - Can I take my meds?

My advice is don't do it, especially not for 30 days. Unless you are under constant medical supervision that is incredibly dangerous to fast for so long. If you must try it then talk to a pharmacist about the drugs, don't trust people on the internet about something so important! You don't know...
  29. S

Gender bias, MUS, Epistemic Injustice: the evidence

I agree completely A.B. i won't be posting again as this topic is something I avoid but wanted you to know you have support for your opinion.
  30. S

What's your opinion of Dr Myhill?

I agree about some of the stuff she recommends not having any evidence or value, thats the reason (along with lack of funds) that I wouldn't go back to see her again having tried her full protocol around 10 years ago with no benefit. That being said, I know of three people personally that have...