• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

CFS Panel Wants Name Change for Disorder

Could be good if the new name gets more research attention, but it could go the other direction: attention CFS/ME has garnered so far could dwindle with a name change. Of course, it could make no difference, in which case, it seems a shameful waste of time and effort.
  2. A

Jesse Ventura's Plum Island conspiracy show...

I've thought about watching this show, but I never have the time or the energy to make time. I thought the government was going to sell that island, or was that another island they supposedly did biochemical weapons research on?
  3. A

Ballet star returns after beating secret illness

Very impressive. Ballet is a very rigorous activity. I'd call it a sport, but it's too graceful... Add to the difficulty of dealing with ME while practicing and performing the stress of keeping it secret as a prominent figure in your field--man!
  4. A

FYI - Discussion found on Facebook!!!

Pathology tends to break down as half-and-half. Half your risk for any given disorder of mind or body is due to genetic predisposition; half is due to life style choices or trauma. There are so many variables affecting the body at any given time that it's nearly impossible to establish a...
  5. A

Problems with meditation

You could try meditating in a slightly noisier environment--sit near a box fan or something--and try meditating by simply observing your reactions. You'll be able to observe yourself becoming aggravated, and you won't actually feel the irritation. After a while doing this, you should be able to...