• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. tropicalkid

Managing Potassium Insufficency - Pro tips?

Wow, great post @picante I too connected the tight neck to low potassium, but didn't notice which side, etc. I'll be watching for that:) TropicalKid
  2. tropicalkid

sulfur/thiol sensivity (high cystien?) CBS mutation

Have they done the gluten testing for those lists without the folic acid added? Or do they use gluten that is processed in the way it is sold in the US for example, always with folic acid added? TropicalKid?
  3. tropicalkid

A lot of us have that prob with coffee. It's not a concern for me with the Coffee enema, it has a totally different effect, a good one!:) TropicalKid
  4. tropicalkid

Here's some more good info on the liver and glutathione production: http://www.liverdoctor.com/does-the-liver-really-need-cleansing-part2/ TropicalKid Part 2: The Best Ways to Cleanse your Liver In part 1 of our Great Debate we looked at the numerous toxins, chemicals and other factors that...
  5. tropicalkid

yes, @ahmo 's post is great about coffee enemas, I recommend it too. I also liked this lady's post about them, I learned some new things here as well. http://www.mygutsy.com/the-ultimate-liver-detox-coffee-enemas/ TropicalKid
  6. tropicalkid

Have you looked into coffee enemas? They are said to cause the liver to produce 700% more Glutathione. One must replace electrolytes (especially us!) after each one. You can look on curezone for more info or look into Gerson who employes them to treat cancer patients. I do them, they are a...
  7. tropicalkid

microsilica--powerful chelator

You are giving me some good advice @pemone and I am going to take it! Thank you:) I will get my blood tested and urine before proceeding. I didn't think of it the way you laid it out, but you are absolutely right. I don't want to follow anyone blindly based on their opinion (Cutler), I've...
  8. tropicalkid

I spoke too soon regarding the ALA @pemone but I am going to start Cutler very shortly, I will probably start with 12.5mg every 3 hours, of course. I haven't done the blood and urine test, I know that Shade uses them. Cutler mainly goes off of hair analysis, which I had done last summer. I...
  9. tropicalkid

@pemone I certainly wouldn't fault you for going off supps. I hate them too, and only recently went back on them to try to resolve methylation. You have to take so many of them to support it. They make me brain fogged, but I know I was low in things before going back on them. CFS just sucks...
  10. tropicalkid

L-Carnitine Fumarate

Glad it's helping! I don't think it's helping me, not sure if this means I should try ALCAR instead?
  11. tropicalkid

Freddd's Protocol: Penetrative Dose Questions

HI @Freddd , I have been on your active b12 protocol for about 3 or 4 weeks. My energy is much more stable:) But I am dealing with brain fog at times that is awful. Is it that I might need more b12 after taking the folate throughout the day? I can not believe how much potassium I need. I...
  12. tropicalkid

how long did it take for your methylation protocol to kick in?

Great advice on the gut @ebethc, thank you. I'm working on my gut for sure, aren't we all?:) I've done loads of colonics, cleanses, probiotics and the such. I know there is still room for improvement. My diet is pretty static, I keep to the same foods, as for yesterday and the garlic and...
  13. tropicalkid

Thanks @pogoman I'm not taking Sam-E, I am taking B1 in my NatureMade multi that Freddd recommends. I know I don't do well with sulfur but was advised to add a little in as it might help with mercury. I don't normally eat garlic at all, so it was very extreme. Sometimes I crave things like...
  14. tropicalkid

Please help guys, I am a newbie at the Freddd's protocol and don't have my 23andme results yet. I can not stand the brain fog I am getting from the protocol. I can't seem to figure out why or what is giving it to me. I don't want to stop as I do feel it is helping me energy wise though. I...
  15. tropicalkid

Hi @pemone Thanks so very much for the reply. I got one of those little digital meters you recommended from Amazon but not sure how to interpret the reading. Is there a resource I should look at for this? My reading was 3733 if that means anything. I do struggle quite a bit with mineral...
  16. tropicalkid

Poor amalgam removal (no separate oxygen supply) is how I backslid into CFS in the last 18 months. Are you using the IMD? Is it helping? Would it not bind to minerals and take them out similar to other chelators? Thanks for this info btw. I am doing liver flushes and am greatly interested in...
  17. tropicalkid

L-Carnitine Fumarate

Hello @aturtles , thanks so much for the response. I really believe I am having some kind of insulin response to the LCF. I am having to take super small doses, with food. I believe my dose would be about 100 mg. 2x day. My potassium has been good. Does potassium have to do with LCF also...
  18. tropicalkid

Is breathing air safe and beneficial to an asthmatic? Well, it's kind of required to stay alive, so....It's a funny line of logic, indeed. When taking control of my health and adding in Freddd's protocol with the correct according actions of eating high potassium foods, and adding in the right...
  19. tropicalkid

Mercury poisoning & enteroviruses

@melamine I'm glad you had yours done by a Huggins doc, that is great:) I don't think it was "too late" if it was done properly. I'm sure you will get the mercury out. You mentioned you are using the FIR Sauna. It's a blessing I believe. I wasn't going in mine until I started on Freddd's...
  20. tropicalkid

Mercury poisoning & enteroviruses

Please think long and hard about removing your amalgams now. I hate to tell you that you sound a lot like me. I had completely recovered from CFS/ME, completely. I had regenerated my health beyond belief of what anybody including me thought possible. I was 42 years old and truly more...
  21. tropicalkid

L-Carnitine Fumarate

@Freddd and others, please help... Only got through page 2 of this thread, but I need some help as I started 125mg of the LCF this morning and already feeling it strongly. It feels like old hypoglycemic symptoms I used to get before I solved those with my low fat/high carb diet (a paradox, I...
  22. tropicalkid

Comment by 'tropicalkid' in 'My Detox Story: Coffee Enemas.'

Great post @ahmo! I have done many CE's, and they are wonderful. I have stopped them since starting Freddd's active b12 protocol a few weeks ago as they are said to increase Glutothione production by 700%. I was hoping to get your opinion on that, do they affect your b12 levels at all because...
  23. tropicalkid

@physicsstudent13 I hope you feel better soon. It may of some interest to you that many are questioning the so called science based medical folks and the record number of deaths under their care. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allen-frances/why-are-medical-mistakes-_b_5888408.html quote: "The...
  24. tropicalkid

The way you prefaced that question regarding Ben Lynch strikes me as a little odd. I am new around here, I hope I'm not to assume these boards diminish non MD practitioners. If I misread your question, please disregard. Thanks TropicalKid
  25. tropicalkid

Also, if you would like to see some people really upping their potassium through foods, you might think about checking in on the 30bananasaday crowd. Quite a youthful, naive group really but they do know bananas.:)
  26. tropicalkid

Hi @Sherpa, My potassium food diet tips would be eat bananas that are well spotted. They will constipate you otherwise as the starches aren't developed to be digestable before spotting. Eat only organic potatoes, they are said to be highly toxic with metals, etc if not. Also it's best to not...
  27. tropicalkid

Why does Potassium supp clear up brain fog?

I just wanted to add that I am also taking Cell Salts by Standard. I wish I knew more about them, but all I can say is they make me feel better. They are sublingual and I have taken them on and off for years. The ingredients are: Calcium 1.4mg Iron 1.2mg Phosphorous 2.5mg Magnesium .5mg...
  28. tropicalkid

Confused about folate deficiency symptoms

Hi @Gondwanaland Thanks for tagging me:) Can I ask you, were you saying above that Magnesium puts potassium inside cells and then somehow it can't be accessed any longer because of the Magnesium? Or the Magnesium places the Potassium in the cells, and then it IS available, therefore we...
  29. tropicalkid

Well thanks again @ahmo! I will get that NOW brand, love your idea and method of the foot bath. Will give it a try, have a nice one:) TropicalKid
  30. tropicalkid

Hi @Sherpa, I think I took away from Rich's writing referenced above that possibly those with CFS have intracellular potassium deficiencies, and then on top of that we get these induced potassium deficiencies with the adding of the b12/folate. I just imagine this could be at the heart of why it...