• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Coffee & Methylation: To Stop or Not?

Hey Tor, glad to hear you are having positive results! The first time I tried to quit I weaned for a week too but I just couldn't sleep without it! It took me months to get down to zero and the pain/sleep is still a major issue but I do have more energy and potassium seems to be helping with the...
  2. R

Good luck to you as well Tor!
  3. R

I have been asking myself the same questions..should i quit? is it helping or hurting? There is a lot of conflicting information out there so I decided to test it out for myself and quit. It was extremely difficult to quit this time around, however, once I did the whole game changed. I can...
  4. R

Drinking coffee improves my sleep. Wait, what?

Thanks for the links @Critterina I'll be reading these tonight. Some thought provoking responses. Thank you. Adrenal issues may be involved here. I have a pretty unusual history with adrenal insufficiency. At my worst (circa 2008) my doctor had me on 70mg oral hydrocortisone (this is 3.5 times...
  5. R

Drinking coffee improves my sleep. Wait, what?

I'm trying to find an explanation for why drinking coffee improves my sleep. I don't consider this a good thing, I'm not advocating drinking coffee to improve your sleep. My quick run down is this: Lots of pain and low grade depression since I was a teenager. Steadily got worse until an almost...