• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Active B12 Protocol Basics

I had a blood test done and my folic acid levels were low, I started taking Folic Acid and my bones now feel stronger. I know Fredd says don't take folic acid but it seems to be working for me. I am willing to try methyl folate instead, but I just know I tend to over methylate so I figured folic...
  2. M

I've been taking b12 for 15 days now and feeling much better overall, but my bones started hurting the last few days. The bones in my feet, ankle, hips, neck started hurting a few days ago. Any idea why? It feels like my bones are being leeched for minerals but I have no idea what to supplement...
  3. M

past 24 hours I've been using earth harmony brand methyl b12. before that the first 4 days I was using a hydroxo / adenosyl combination. I think i feel the same on both so far. So I plan to stick with methyl b12 for now until I get some adenosyl in the mail. Hard to find just adenosyl that...
  4. M

I'm only 5 days into the b12 protocol. I noticed some improvements within minutes of the first dose of methylb12! -Less depression / anxiety / racing thoughts -Less moments of poor mental concentration -I no longer feel the need to pace around my house all day worrying. I can now sit down and...
  5. M

23andme results, what should I do?

I eat a lot of chicken. so I guess I'm fine
  6. M

thanks for the replies so it sounds like I am in good shape and don't need to really take any pills at all. just eat healthy
  7. M

I used Caledonia's SNP interpretation guide I figured some stuff out: Because I have CBS C99T +/- and two BHMT's I likely have a CBS problem. I have not noticed any problems with sulfur or methylfolate or methylcobalmin, but they are probably there. Maybe I will buy some sulfur strips. I may...
  8. M

i got my 23andme results today. I am not sure what to do. i took methylfolate(800mg) and methylcobalamin (5000mg) everyday for 30 days and did not notice any changes to my health. after 1 month of taking them I noticed some acne so I stopped taking them methylation profile: detox profile: