• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. arieswmn

brain fog from persistent sinus inflammation with gut issues

Hi soulfeast, this could definitely be a mast cell issue for you. However, I was recently diagnosed with UARS, and I'm hoping that that is what is causing my constant brain fog and sinus inflammation. Dr. Steven Park, a ENT specializing in sleep disordered breathing, says that it can cause...
  2. arieswmn

Advice for chelating cadmium and nickel

Hi. I"m looking for best supplements and others' experiences with chelating cadmium and nickel, when mercury is NOT an issue. (I know you have to be extra careful when mercury is involved, fortunately it is not.) Dxd with both hair and muscle testing. My dr suggested zinc, but a week of...
  3. arieswmn

The herbal antibacterial protocol in the thread is really compelling....In the past Olive Leaf has helped me but the effects tapered off. Maybe I just needed larger doses and additional anti-bacterials. I'm now having a problem with the amoxicillian that I've had with levoflaxcin: drug induced...
  4. arieswmn

Thanks for the many suggestions! At one point I was diagnosed with IBS. I definitely have GI issues but I don't know if it fits the other criteria for IBS, since he seemed to give it to me b.c. he didn't know what else was wrong. Many foods that are supposed to trigger IBS don't bother me, and...
  5. arieswmn

Inflammatory bowel disease doesn't seem to fit b.c. my problems are more constipation with occasional diaherra, and my understanding that IFB is just the latter? Never taken prednisone, kind of afraid of it. I'm now wondering if I've just got a post-surgery infection that never cleared up...
  6. arieswmn

Hi, I hope it's okay for me to post this; I don't have CFS, but this site has really helped me manage my multiple chronic conditions, all of which overlap with CFS: fatigue, sinus, GI, allergies, dx vulvodynia (mostly gone, now), depression, brain fog. Varying severity for years, relapsing...
  7. arieswmn

Brain Fog, what's the cause?

Also, have you tried non-prescription anti-depressants like 5HTP and SAMe? Those eliminate the brain fog for some. Sorry too many options to try.
  8. arieswmn

If you have a positive response to anti-histamines it may indicate you have a problem with histamine intolerance and/or mast cell activation. Allegra is a decent OTC option, and there are many herbs with anti-histamine action: Quercetin, Ginger.
  9. arieswmn

Hey, when you say your dopamine dropped off what do you mean by that? Were your dopamine levels tested? TBH there are many, many, causes of brain fog.
  10. arieswmn

Artichoke Extract for Mast Cell Issues?

Definitely. It may be a good option because of my frequent sinus infections, frequent bladder infections, frequent yeast infections, the luteolin content, my GI issues, and probable mast cell issues. God what a depressing sentence, ha.
  11. arieswmn

Just a note to say I am aborting the "artichoke experiment" because it's in the ragweed family. I actually took a dose before reading Gondwanaland's post and didn't feel noticeably worse, but things are just too hairy now to take the risk. Sherlock, now that you mention it, I have had positive...
  12. arieswmn

I did go ahead and buy some artichoke, I'll post about the results, if any. May just be another dead end.
  13. arieswmn

Way down the page he seems to be saying they have a different mechanism of action: http://www.mastcellmaster.com/research.php (The studies indicate different mechanisms, from what I can make sense of? Brain fog right now.) At least enough so that he includes both in his mast cell supplement...
  14. arieswmn

Has anyone had good results with Artichoke for Mast Cell issues? I ask b.c. I'm having significant results with Quercetin and avoiding triggers, but it's not enough, and I can't take Neuroprotek because of the Chamomile (I have significant ragweed allergies.) I've read that Artichoke contains...
  15. arieswmn

Holy Basil Dose for Mast Cell Disorder?

Fortunately my cortisol is okay. Most of what I've read says that 2,000mg- 2,500mg is the typical max. However, these are all articles about using holy basil in general, not specifically about its use for mast cell issues.
  16. arieswmn

Holy Basil Dose for Mast Cell Disorder?

I know some people find Holy Basil useful for Mast Cell issues. Does anyone know the max acceptable dose?