• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Too much methylfolate - Did I do damage or am I deficient in something else?

I'm not currently taking mfolate as I was afraid of making things worse. Maybe I'll try a small 100mcg dose with the hydroxy to see if there is a differencedifference. Chelated magnesium has been helping but my back is very sore. I've also noticed a little weight gain too in the recent months...
  2. J

I too have noticed a chance in my chemistry. Either that or my anxiety / ocd is manifesting itself in different ways
  3. J

Yep, the mcbl makes me very irritable, tense, panicky, and brain fogged. It feels like I want to jump out of my skin. Today after the hydroxy I'm really fatigued and feel out of it. It definitely feels different. I'm not sure if I should keep up with taking it. Maybe this is a hump I need to...
  4. J

So I took 1000mg sublingual tonight of the hydroxy and initially felt pretty clear headed but then about an hour later I became so tired I had to take a nap. Could this be because it is kick starting some process? I have this weird pressure on the top of my head too and a shortness of breath...
  5. J

Thanks for the info. I plan on getting the tests done for genetics and should've done it ages ago. I actually tried inositol for a while and while it helped greatly with my old it caused some brain fog. I'm afraid to try it now because I've read that inositol can be a methyl donor. I'm not sure...
  6. J

Thank you again for the responses. I will report back!
  7. J

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll try taking b12 to increase my b12 stores that may have been depleted. I haven't had a genetic test and assuming I have no genetic issues, does it matter which form of b12 I take? @caledonia I stopped taking lexapro in 2009. I will take a look at the videos!
  8. J

Hi All, I'll try to keep this short and to the point but I just want to say this site has been a great resource for me! Over the past year I had some issues with tingling and burning in my feet, lack of energy and focus/concentration, and a worsening of my OCD. In July 2014 I tried...