• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Fatigue during methylation and feeling sleepy.

I'll bet you're right about the veggies! Have you given up cooked and raw green veggies? I actually thought all cooked veggies could block m-folate. Is it really just green? I am also absorbing through the lower gum. It has definitely helped absorption. Not eating gluten or dairy. My...
  2. S

@ahmo, my experience is totally mirroring yours! I increased my folate dose (like you recommended) & my hair loss completely stopped. I leveled off for a couple months, continuing on a high dose of methylfolate (2400mg or more p/day) & my adrenals are now totally crashing. I can tell b/c I...
  3. S

Opinions on Dr Lynch's comment regarding folinic acid and MTRR & MTR

I also have MTR/MTRR mutations and am hopeful that this could be the cause of a lot of my fatigue-related issues. It sounds like our bodies are attempting to function on almost no B12 at all without tons of supplementation. Question: How much b12 & folate are people taking/finding success...
  4. S

@ahmo - Cortef worked for me at first but I crashed a couple later and haven't been able to get back off. I went on it after clearing my Reverse T3 and realizing that I had an adrenal, not a thyroid problem (no Hashi's). I am hoping that my methylation issues are the cause of my adrenal...
  5. S

@Critterina - I have also been experiencing pretty extreme hair loss since starting the methylation protocol. At first, I attributed it to chelation treatments but now, I think it's the methylation supplements stressing my adrenals (as several others stated above). I am already on 20mg cortef...
  6. S

New Methylation Results - Please help interpret!

Interesting. I've been reading about Yasko's protocol, am on Kronenburg's simplified protocol, and have been following Dr. Nancy Mullen's free conference calls. Apparently, Yasko and Mullen use HMA and UME results in combination w/genetics to develop methylation protocols. Halcyon, are you...
  7. S

Thanks so much for pointing me to the SNP interpretation guide. That was exactly what I needed. My research was actually pointing me towards methyl B-12 when it looks like I should do better on hydroxy & adenosyl b12. Big difference! I am curious - are people finding the hair mineral...
  8. S

I just received the following results from 23 & Me: Homozygous: VDR BSM, MAO-A R297R, MTR A2756G Heterozygous: COMT V158M, COMT H62H, MTRR A66G, MTRR A664A, AHCY-01, AHCY-19, CBS A360A I thought the explanations genetic genie provided would allow me to treat myself but I'm confused about how...