• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Thank you Sasha :)
  2. W

My 23andme results - any thoughts?

Thank you @Valentijn ! I've been supplementing with B12 for a short while and it definitely seems to be helping. From this, would you have an idea of the ratio of B12 to Folate that might work best for me? Wendy
  3. W

My 23andme results - any thoughts?

I've had back my 23andme report and here's my results: +/+ MAO-A R297R +/+ MTRR A66G +/+ BHMT-08 +/+ CBS C699T +/+ +/- COMT V158M +/- COMT H62H +/- VDR Bsm +/- VDR Taq +/- MTHFR C677T +/- MTHFR A1298C +/- BHMT-02 +/- I think I need to start by looking at CBS C699T ? I'm...
  4. W

some help please . . . too much or not enough folate / potassium

Thank you., I think you're right. I thought I was starting low but guess that my version of low is still far too high. Aside from stopping the mb12 and folate until the headache and insomnia clears, is there anything else you can suggest I do to help? I really appreciate your thoughts.
  5. W

The dental pain got worse and became an infection under a root canal treatment so the tooth was taken out. This solved the dental pain problem. I cut back on the folate and just took the 10mg that was in the Thorne multivitamin. I kept the mb12 at 1mg per day. Although overall I feel as if...
  6. W

Thank you @Critterina hopefully increasing the mb12 will help me!
  7. W

Thank you, that's really helpful. I'll try increasing the mb12 then.
  8. W

Thanks :) Whoops, yes that should have been 200mcg and it's Solgar metafolin. Did your dental pain go and how? No I don't know my genetics. I did wonder if I needed more MB12 but was trying to take things slowly but perhaps that's not going to work if I need more MB12 than the folate.
  9. W

I started Fredds protocol 10 days ago with 1 x 1mg Enzymatic Therapy B12 and 200mg folate 4 times per day. The first few days were great with lots more energy. Then on day 3 I started to get pain in my jaw where I had root canal treatment about 2 years ago. I thought this might be that...
  10. W

Which B Complex? Do I need to avoid Niacin?

I was thinking of getting this B complex ready to start the B12 methylation protocol. http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-activated-b-complex-high-bioavailability-60-veg-caps but I wonder if I have Orthostatic Intolerance and note from here...