• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

B12 increases need for magnesium

I'm starting to suspect that my methylation startup muscle symptoms could be more from an increased need for magnesium. Although potassium helps it sometimes takes very high doses. In addition to spasms / cramping I get muscle agitation or hyperexcitability from b12 or mfolate. From what I've...
  2. J

mb12 / mfolate resolve symptoms but startup reaction is bad

It's been about 3 weeks since my last dose of mb12 and the start-up symptoms haven't completely worn off yet. The overstimulation and anxiety are down and some of my previous muscle weakness (which methylation support resolves) is intermittently coming back. However, I still require a lot of...
  3. J

mb12 / mfolate resolve symptoms but startup reaction is bad

Looking for advice here since I'm having a drastic reaction in both good and bad ways to methylation supplements. My symptoms have been chronic fatigue, brain fog, severe muscle fatigue, post extertional malaise, memory issues, mcs, anxiousness, exercise intolerance, and acid reflux. I've found...