• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. horcrux

Does anyone use the Readability App?

Recently I have been trying to find tools, programs, applications etc. that would make studying and reading a bit easier. Fatigue, brain-fog, light sensitivity etc. drastically limited how much time and energy I could devote to studying. One thing the Academic Support Center at my school...
  2. horcrux

How to initiate treatment?

I think I have a lot of autonomic dysfunction. That's how I described to to my psychiatrist, anyway!
  3. horcrux

I have more energy when I don't eat?

I was always under the assumption that I HAD high cortisol levels, but it was just an assumption. I do not have much inflammation.
  4. horcrux

I am so grateful for the videos! Coming from someone who finds reading exhausting, being able to watch and listen was really refreshing! I have not. I will have to ask my doctor (and find other doctors!) to order it. Would they have any hesitations? Can I get blood work done myself?
  5. horcrux

I don't know for sure, I just find it intriguing how I never felt this way before I got sick, so if I do, it has developed over the past few years. I'll see if reducing carbs helps at all. It should give most people quick energy, but not so much for others?
  6. horcrux

Thank you for the resources! I realize there are several resources on the site, but I don't know where to start so having some direction is really helpful! I'm reading through "A Guided to Freddd's Protocal" and hoping I can start soon. @daisybell that is a fabulous idea! I would love if both...
  7. horcrux

Yes, that's what I was referring too. I don't have much data to work with! How do you test for blood volume, then? I took a look at the dysautonomia info and it does seem very applicable to my experience.
  8. horcrux

@DanielBR I have some nausea, concentration problems, rise in heart rate, AND palpitations, but sitting/lying down does not seem to help, it may in fact make it worse. I don't know if it could be some ANS/SNS issue or what it could be. Additionally, I have higher blood volume, 98 fl, which is...
  9. horcrux

@A.B. - thanks, I'll take a look at it. I think my mom is more in denial that it COULD actually be the problem rather than being uninformed of the prevalence of many syndromes following the same pattern of infectious onset.
  10. horcrux

Thank you for the replies! I should add that my mother is a nurse. A nurse! She has suffered some psychological issues (anxiety, depression etc.) - and I DO believe those conditions can occur with some post-viral fatigue, whatever you want to call it. They don't have to be mutually exclusive as...
  11. horcrux

Hello, I'm trying to unravel all of this nonsense that's been going on for the past few years, and I am at a loss as how to proceed. I'm 24 years old and am at the point where I am transitioning from the world of pediatrics into having "grown-up" doctors. I used to be really active and...
  12. horcrux

I've been eating more dense food, but I don't know if those are more difficult to digest. Yes, as long as I stay hydrated, I do feel better (or is it I don't feel *as* bad?) as I do after I eat. It seems like food just sits in my stomach forever.
  13. horcrux

Thank for responding. I suppose I could have invisible allergies/intolerances, but never had any problems until I tested positive for EBV about three years ago and suddenly my energy level and health took a nose-dive. I will say I am doing much better than I was two years ago, and I hope this...
  14. horcrux

Hello, please bare with me! I am undiagnosed, so please don't jump down my throat with reasons I don't fit the criteria (my lymph nodes are sore, after all!) Phew, now that that's out of the way, I've come to realize that the less I eat the better I feel, I have more energy, I think more...
  15. horcrux

What is your current regime?

My gosh! Just reading that makes me need to lie down for a while...not that I wasn't lying down already! =P Thank you for sharing this. I can't offer any insight as I'm pretty new to this -2.5 years and going steady! Lol