• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. bailey2

What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME/CFS that the world needs to know? Severe ME Day

Severe ME can be long term and progressive. My experience is one akin to living in solitary confinement in increasing pain with little hope of reprieve during my lifetime.
  2. bailey2

2 types of ME/CFS? A short, informal poll

No to all questions.
  3. bailey2

STATEMENT FROM THE 25% ME GROUP REGARDING THE CFS/ME RESEARCH COLLABORATIVE CHARTER (CMRC) MAY 2013

I have been severely ill for several years and until recently, was a member of both AfME and the MEA. For the majority of people who are ill (with whatever diagnosis), these are the only 2 charities on the radar. As a former member of these charities and reader of only their magazines, I was not...