• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. a1wvbrew

Let's talk Mucous

I've tried the GAPS diet, and it works pretty well. I just can't have the dairy. Most of the time I try to keep bone broth as it is very soothing and gives me some nutrients. I need to keep my weight up if I can. I don't want to lose any that's for sure. I'm rail thin now. Is it the CBS...
  2. a1wvbrew

Let's talk Mucous

That is great! You've had to do a lot of work to get where you are. I hope I have the strength to keep up to see this through. I have a 17 year old son that is really going through some tough times and I really think his brain chemicals are out of whack. If I could just get him straight, it...
  3. a1wvbrew

Let's talk Mucous

I hope if I can get the deficiencies taken care of, this will clear up for me also. You say you are off of the medicines, do you continue with many supplements?
  4. a1wvbrew

Let's talk Mucous

Yes, I hate to be around perfume and cologne. I don't want to be a bother to people, but I can actually taste those things after I breathe them in. That's weird I know, but its the truth. Mine is tied to digestion for sure, because when the guts are happy, the congestion is gone. The worst...
  5. a1wvbrew

Let's talk Mucous

As for myself, anymore it seems that there are more foods that I react to than those that are okay. And, it's not only foods. It's things that I breath in, like if someone wears heavy perfume, or smoke and the chemical smells. Now those do affect my lung congestion. The food is more sinus. I...
  6. a1wvbrew

Let's talk Mucous

. This is me completely. I've tried the mucinex, but it doesn't seem to help. I think because the congestion is in my sinuses and not the lungs. But, it gets worse when I have gut troubles. I've just started the short cut protocol from Dr. Yasko, added some of the vitamin/mineral...
  7. a1wvbrew

Looking for Detox Profile info

I recently got my genetic testing done through 23andme,and I printed the reports through genetic genie. I understand the methylation analysis, but not the detox profile. Are there any resources that explain what the results mean on this report? And maybe a breakdown of the SNPs and what type of...