• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Fairuza

Going back to address CBS after starting with methylation cycle ...

Okay as you can see I have no idea how to properly deal with quoting. What did I do wrong? Lol. I highlighted the text then hit the quote button each time and now it looks bizarre ... oh brain! My apologies to you reading this mess I made!
  2. Fairuza

Well you answered a lot! I totally appreciate it :D I've gone through Heartfixer and Yasko, I've got notebooks full of notes, it's just getting myself to fully understand it and then find a protocol. Since my biggest complaints these days are neurological, I wish I could figure out why I had...
  3. Fairuza

Heavy brain fog here ... Before discovering my mutations, I had been supplementing with a B-12 complex with folic acid and Vitamin D. Did Genetic Genie (did not read thoroughly enough) and started my own protocol. Switched to methycobalamin (Jarrow 5000mcg sublinguals) and metafolin (Solgar...
  4. Fairuza

Where to start? My Genetic Genie results and fear I screwed up already ...

I've actually thought about tackling my thyroid issues after the MTHFR lol. I agree about levothyroxine being a poor way to deal with it. I've looked into it a little bit and definitely want to see what I can do once the other stuff seems to be working better. I have a question for you...
  5. Fairuza

Thanks Critterina :) I saw all the warnings about addressing the CBS mutation first and how adding glutathione could be a big problem for those with it. I didn't really notice any changes when I took the glutathione per se -- just got scared after taking it for a few weeks (when I saw the CBS...
  6. Fairuza

I'm taking the B12 sublingually. I read about how it's not absorbed well under the tongue and that it should sit there at least 45 min - 2 hours to get the most of it. I switched to putting it between my cheek and upper gum. It lasts longer there and I do get it to stay for at least 45 min -...
  7. Fairuza

I don't know my T3 but my free T4 is 1.27 (overall TSH 0.10) and my homocysteine level is 4.84. I have an appointment with my regular doctor for the end of January and will try to get new levels on things ... basically anything I can push through with my insurance. I take levothyroxine 100mcg...
  8. Fairuza

Hello everyone ... I ran my 23andme results through Genetic Genie at the end of the summer after I started some supplementation a few months earlier. I also didn't pay enough attention to my results, missing the possible importance of addressing my CBS mutation first :/ Methylation...