• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Does anyone else experience most of their fatigue in the afternoon?

I have the same afternoon crash. It starts around 1pm and maxes out around 3pm. I generally recover a little in the evening. I've always assumed its cortisol related as I know I have messed up cortisol levels. I suspect everyone has the same basic rhythm (hence afternoon siestas, etc) but it's...
  2. P

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

I started by just taking a teaspoon of turmeric that we had in our pantry. The problem with that is that it does stain your teeth if you're not careful so I was brushing my teeth after each dose which was kind of a pain. After I took it for a couple of weeks and thought it was helping I ordered...
  3. P

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Has anyone else experienced an increase in anxiety from Arginine Pyroglutamate? I was feeling mildly anxious yesterday and took about a quarter of a teaspoon. Within the next 30 minutes I felt very warm and then lightheaded and moderately to severely anxious. I don't have a method of measuring...
  4. P

MAF 314

I don't think it is that hard to make. It really is just making yoghurt with the supplied starters. Ensuring all your equipment is clean and (relatively) sterile is probably the most work. I went alone to the course and found I was quite bored since it took place over 3 days. I think I...
  5. P

MAF 314

As far as I know, you must make MAF with milk, although you can use goat milk.
  6. P

MAF 314

Hi xrunner, Unfortunately when you are told how to make the MAF you aren't told what exactly you are doing. What happens is that you are given a bunch of ingredients and told how and when to use them. Basically, they are mixtures of various probiotics that you add to milk and colostrum. You...
  7. P

MAF 314

Hello, I've been taking MAF 314 for just over three weeks now. My impressions of it so far are cautiously optimistic. The main change I've noticed is an improvement in my sleep patterns, along with a general feeling of sleepiness that sometimes persists through the day. I regard this as a...
  8. P

Article: XMRV at the NIH State Of Knowledge Workshop (SOK): The Mikovits Coffin Debate

Cort, Thank you for taking the time and energy to report on this conference for us. I found your summary to be very useful, as always.
  9. P

Too active during the day - Insomnia???

For me this symptom has been the defining component of my illness for the last 15 years. I believe it is a consequence of reduced energy stores. Exceeding your stored energy capacity requires you to mobilise extra energy through adrenaline. Constantly doing this during the day leads to the...
  10. P

Too active during the day - Insomnia???

Yes, I have exactly that problem. If I do any extra exercise during the day, my heart won't stop racing when I try to go to sleep. Then when I do get to sleep, I'll wake up early in the morning with high anxiety. I think this is a classic instance of "post-exertional malaise". I will...
  11. P

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this thread for sharing so much useful information. I understand that Dr Cheney is recommending sub-lingual GcMAF. Has anyone here tried that or know what Dr De Meirleir's take on sub-lingual versus IV or IM is? Also, does anyone have any...
  12. P

You may wonder why the CAA treats XMRV the way they do... So:

I must admit, it's not quite as funny as this joke: "Are they helping the CDC perfect that test that finds XMRV in fake samples?"