• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Sulphur intolerance and phase 2 detox pathway

Thank you for all replies. They went to the wrong place in my email folder, so I've only just read them. I have benefited greatly from castor oil packs, but tend not to do them often enough because of the mess. I can feel the beneficial effects on peristalsis of my colon, but I have to be...
  2. B

I am not convinced that some people might not do better on a low S diet. It would appear Yasko and many others who work with patients find this to be the case, though I realise that the science behind their explanation may be questionable. I suspect, based on Andy Cutler's work, that it might be...
  3. B

I am very confused. Sulphur is required for the phase 2 detox pathway in the liver, but CBS upregulation and molybdenum deficiency require sulphur reduction from the diet and supplements. When CBS is regulated, methylation can then detoxify toxins properly with appropriate supplementation, but...
  4. B

Methylation protocol big problems, advice please!

I believe I had severe potassium deficiency symptoms just from taking the Thorne Basic B for a few months. I've been ill possibly 55 years, so I do have extreme reactions to things. I didn't realise at the time that it might start up methylation, just knew that methylcobalamin was required. I...
  5. B

Plasma or Urine amino acid tests?

Hi, I am a newbie. I will be posting my 23andme results on that forum soon. I wish to find out which of my SNP's are being expressed, and I believe that requires some functional tests. I am leaning towards an OATS test, with urine amino acids and metals, and a stool test. I have many many...