• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Help! I can't take folate without terrible over-methylation symptoms and need it for pre-pregnancy

I just want to thank everyone for there contributions. They have been invaluable. I have found out I have an incredibly low blood level of b12, and once I dealt with that (I have been using Adnesol/Methy B12 oils) I was able to tolerate all the pregnancy supplements including Folate. The b12 has...
  2. J

Help! I can't take folate without terrible over-methylation symptoms and need it for pre-pregnancy

Hi, I am hoping someone will help me with this question. My husband and I are wanting to start a family, and I have what seems to be awful over-methylation symptoms, whenever I take methyl-folate or folic acid for pre-pregnancy. I have had cfs for a number of years and I have tried to get...
  3. J

GABA completely unavailable in New Zealand: Any advice on alternatives?

Thanks so much There are so many great responses here. I'll do some research into all these options over christmas. and report back. Joanna
  4. J

I need help interpreting 23andme results

Hi, I have had ME for 15 years and I live in NZ and just got my 23andme results, any help interpreting them would be really appreciated! Homozygous: MAO-A R297R (Amy Yasko's interpretation) MTRR A664A Heterozygous: COMT V158M COMT H62H VDR Bsm VDR Taq ACAT1-02 MTHFR A1298C MTRR A66G BHMT-02...
  5. J

GABA completely unavailable in New Zealand: Any advice on alternatives?

Hi, I've spent a lot of time on this forum learning about methylation. I live in NZ and have been suffering from ME for 15 years (I am now 32) I have just had my 23andme results come through. and my Australian doctor suggested I try GABA to start the process , which would hopefully enable me...