• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Significant Improvement Story -- Focus on Thiamine Deficiency

@Gondwanaland , may I suggest following mechanism? B1 increases thyroid hormones (possibly by turnover from T4 to active form T3... the specifics aren't important). However, this elevates metabolism and your adrenal gland starts kicking the dirt after a while... this new level is too...
  2. G

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

@ahmo Yes, let's talk in PM . (how can I do this?? i leave a message in your profile, or in the weird chat at the low toolbar or...? sorry, new to this forum stuff). But I do love your experimentation and ideas in general! Great ideas re: transdermal/sublingual ideas, I tried adopting the...
  3. G

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

Yo @skwag, @jump44. Fellow PFS/CFS sufferer here. I'm on the same boat as mariovitali. the liver focus helping healing injury interests me greatly... I may have had a similar experience recently and perhaps this liver focus helps it as well. We'll see in the future. @jump44 , my condolences of...
  4. G

Is there BH4 supplement/medicine?

If it drops your temperatures, then that's a big red flag there. It's affecting either you adrenals, thyroid or methylation (or lol, like you said BH4). Again, unknown if it's a short-term temporary drop or if it really just harms you. Don't quote or count on me on that lol... I don't remember...
  5. G

The OTHER supplements besides fredd/rvk's protocol?

Ya, I feel like after the initial diagnosis with proper labs, the stuff is so complex in interactions that it's better to draft your own methylation supplement cocktails yourself through experimentation. Luckily I saw that Ben Lynches post ages ago and saved it, lol. christ, imagine ordering...
  6. G

@Mimi, hey man, what a treasure trove of anecdotes, loving it! :thumbsup: Thanks for all that effort! I'll be studying your links inside out... lots of things to learn from this forum. I'm following your story with great interest... our gut flora :alien::sluggish: and BH4 - routes overlap...
  7. G

Beginner, needs Help with my 23andme & genetic genie results

Thanks a lot @caledonia! This way I don't have to clutter the forum with my dumb inquiries... I'll have lot to learn from you guys.
  8. G

Way to go guys, you go @Mimi! Let me know how CLA works!! Sure, we need to do away with CBS problems etc... but I'm all for trying to help, cofactor, catalyse, ANYTHING for actual BH4 synthesis. And it seems zinc is one of those guys... http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P30793 I'm pro :smug...
  9. G

:wide-eyed:! Ooh, nice, I'll get right down into it! Thanks a ton @Valentijn, you're the best!!!! :hug:
  10. G

Aye! Thanks for kindness, @PeterPositive . Thanks for info... I'll start digging & getting my hands dirty (hopefully that doesn't crash me LOL). Seriously, all the best wishes for you... all the stuff you guys and gals have to deal with it...! I'll post if I find something useful for me, though...
  11. G

:jaw-drop: ... Seriously??? So at least according to G.G. I have no CBS problems at all? Wow. :wide-eyed: Thanks Valentijn! That REALLY changes everything... Unless... if there is some other testing I should run? I do know from Detox profile that I do have mutations there and elsewhere, but I'm...
  12. G

Hi everyone, I'm new with all this methylation stuff. CFS person, did methylation lab that proved me that my methylation is in a horrible state. Lot of gut issues, brainfog, energy issues etc., the full monty really. I'm for now focusing on methylation rather than gut issues. However, after...
  13. G

@PeterPositive, Hi Peter! Thanks a lot. I appriciate your time on this. Oh lordy lord!!!! :eek::cry: I fell out of chair with that. Well... you guys know your stuff the best! I better actually post my SNP’s in a seperate topic and let you guys chime in then. Back to school. So if I...
  14. G

Hiya folks, Second post! This is some embarrassing newbie questions that I've tried to find answers to but all the information are so scattered... I know what brands richvank (god bless his soul) and fredd uses and I don't usually complain about scattered posts, that's just expected. But...
  15. G

@Mimi @malk @Ema Count me in, I want to know where to get this. So Kuvan, Spectrum Supplements, Heartfixer are so far the only good sources of BH4? EDIT holy snip at the 40$ / pill price... way out of my league. Thank god for the 2015 June change, I believe this will be a game changer once it...