• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. leanguy

Anyone else with high histamine and insomnia?

I forgot about this thread. I've found another solution that has really helped. I'm low in copper. Taking copper has improved much of my symptoms. Copper breaks down histamine, and I believe that is why it's helped.
  2. leanguy

Does this sound like MCAD?

camas, thanks much for the detailed response. I will read through your links!
  3. leanguy

Does this sound like MCAD?

I am male, 39 and have been trying to get some kind of diagnosis for the past 10 years for unexplained symptoms. I obviously have some kind of histamine disorder. Does this sound like MCAD? I have no rashes or unusual pigmentation. NasalCrom helps with sinus symptoms so I am planning a trial...
  4. leanguy

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Hip, I started using N-A-G at 1g 3x per day and the anti-inflammatory effect has been amazing. I have persistent sinus inflammation (and burning mouth) and it is the only supplement so far that has helped. I also have anxiety and insomnia. I have noticed some improvement with anxiety, but not...
  5. leanguy

Fed up of waking up every night at 3 am

Interesting you can take this at bedtime... those ingredients (ginseng, rhodiola) are typically used as stimulants!
  6. leanguy

Fed up of waking up every night at 3 am

What is the name of the other supplement?
  7. leanguy

Thanks for the replies. @Star-Anise sounds like we have similar issues. It is true, excess histamine over stimulates the adrenals. I have been taking tryptophan + seriphos in the evening and seeing some improvement. I try to stay away from antihistamine drugs because they can actually...
  8. leanguy

I have been suffering from severe insomnia for the past 10 years (40 year old male). I can usually fall asleep, but wake within 1-2 hours and usually stay awake the rest of the night (or get another hour of sleep around 4am). I have been through hundreds of labs, drugs, supplements and...