• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please sign the MEA's petition asking NICE to review the guidelines for ME (CLOSING MONDAY JULY 24)

We've exceeded my target: 14641. Well done everyone!

Why 14641, you ask.

Well, simply because it's 11x11x11x11.

Isn't that more thrilling than 15 with a string of zeros after it.

On the other hand I love perfect numbers: 6,28, 496, 8128...

I thought the next perfect number might be a good one for us to aim for,

but unfortunately its a bit out of our reach by tomorrow, since it's 33550336.

(in case you're still reading this irrelevant post and are wondering, a perfect number is the sum of its divisors: 1+2+3=6, 1+2+4+7+14=28 and so on.)

Why 14641, you ask.

Well, simply because it's 11x11x11x11.

Isn't that more thrilling than 15 with a string of zeros after it.

On the other hand I love perfect numbers: 6,28, 496, 8128...

(in case you're still reading this irrelevant post and are wondering, a perfect number is the sum of its divisors: 1+2+3=6, 1+2+4+7+14=28 and so on.)
Excellent :). We just need NICE to be swayed by your compelling argument now Trish ;).

Countrygirl

That is a very negative attitude you are displaying there @trishrhymes :p........have you considered a course of CBT for it? If it can defeat ME, it will surely make 33 and a half million votes seem possible by tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, its 14 891 ..:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::aghhh:

Keep going folks. :hug::thumbsup:

111 votes needed :wide-eyed:

That is a very negative attitude you are displaying there @trishrhymes :p........have you considered a course of CBT for it? If it can defeat ME, it will surely make 33 and a half million votes seem possible by tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, its 14 891 ..:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::aghhh:

Keep going folks. :hug::thumbsup:

111 votes needed :wide-eyed:
Maybe we could apply a bit of PACE-style processing to the data to get our chosen result?

upload_2017-7-23_15-35-14.png

charles shepherd

can international plp vote?

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to allow anyone who has ME/CFS (or cares for someone with ME/CFS), and has taken an interest in the NICE guideline on ME/CFS, to sign this MEA petition.

This is because NICE guidelines are referred to all over the world - so they do influence how countries outside the UK proceed with guidance and recommendations on the management of ME/CFS.

CS