• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Millions Missing Advance Coverage

Old Bones

Old Bones

Sweden:
https://eposten.se/asikter/2016/09/26/miljontals-saknas

English translation (Google):

Millions missing
OPINIONS: Empty shoe stalls
Tuesday, 27 September is empty shoes on squares and public places all over the world to show how many people are missing due to disease ME / CFS.

"Millions missing" - that is, millions of people are missing - is an international campaign to draw attention to the disease ME / CFS.In Sweden alone, about 40 000 people are affected.The disease is chronic and severe debilitating.Onset often occurs suddenly and is usually associated with a severe bacterial or viral infection, and the disease has never recovered even if the infection has cleared.

It affects men, women and even children.Some people with ME / CFS are completely bedridden while others are housebound because of ME / CFS.Formerly called the chronic fatigue syndrome.Fatigue is the wrong word, it is a total exhaustion aggravated by calling effort.Overall physical and mental exhaustion.One can compare it to run a marathon a day with the flu in the body simultaneously.Researchers have found that nervous, immune and endocrine system are affected by the disease.

Increasingly, research suggests that ME / CFS is an autoimmune disease.

The disease ME / CFS affects men, women and even children.Some people with ME / CFS are completely bedridden while others are housebound because of ME / CFS.

Increased knowledge about ME / CFS needed among health professionals, policy makers, authorities and the public that ME / CFS patients to receive appropriate care and treatment.

Self I became ill 15 years ago.I dream to walk, bike and get back to work.There are many of us with ME / CFS who dream about, to get our fill empty shoes again.

Increased research funding especially to biomedical research would bring us ME / CFS sufferers closer to that goal.

Facts and quotes are taken from RMEs writings.RME stands for National Association for ME patients, which is a non-profit organization.

Agneta Karlsson

AndyPR