• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete remission of VZV reactivation treated with valganciclovir

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Varicella zoster virus (VZV), a threat for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) recipients, is still one of the most common viral pathogens that affect these patients with a reported incidence ranging between 17% and 50% in the post transplantation period. Valganciclovir (V-GCV), a valine ester pro-drug of GCV orally administrable, has recently shown great activity against CMV infections, but there are no reports of its clinical efficacy against VZV. We here report a case history of a patient with positive serologic test for VZV, who underwent allogeneic HSCT and devel- oped an atypical varicella-like illness. First-line therapy with foscarnet had to be discontinued due rapid development of renal impairment (creatinine: 2.60 mg/dL, urea: 130.6 mg/dL) and therefore was switched to V-GCV. The renal impairment and skin lesions of the patient fully recovered after few days of therapy, even though the patient had com- plete lymphocyte depletion. This is the first case of a patient with chickenpox-like illness treated successfully with V-GCV.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/stor...35&s=cbd859a40f40a408bff739fff964a75a3407f29b

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
About 3 weeks back on valcyte now. Inklings its helping. The headaches especially on the side of the shingles has reduced and the weird rash on my leg i got at the time of the head shingles is almost gone. Usually it flares up and down by now??

Time will tell .