• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Problems with B12 or Moly/Yucca-need guidance

Misfit Toy

I have been on a very small "type" of methylation protocol. I have some CBS issues and sulfur and ammonia issues.

My 23 and Me test says that I am needing B12-hydroxy and adeno (sp). And that I need Yucca and Moly.

In the beginning, for 8 weeks, I am supposed to do just Yucca and Molybenum. Well, me being on such low energy, I decided to add B12. Of course, like many, it was good in the beginning. More energy, etc. After a few weeks I made the mistake (not sure yet) of amping up to 1,000 mcg of B12. So....I went back down.

I am now on yucca ( one pill a day), Moly-150 mg a day and 250 mcg of B12. I have been told to not take the B12 until I am done Yucca.

A very strange symptom is going on.....strange.

I am thinking of things from years ago, reliving the past. I am thinking of exes from the past, friends from the past...everything from the past is under a microscope. I am listening to songs from years ago, over and over. I have no idea what is going on. I am stuck. I feel completely stuck and I am feeling crazy because of it. It's not out of hand, but it could be. I am back in the year 1992. o_O

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyone have anything like this? It's odd to say the least.

I am going to stop the B12 for a few days, but I am not happy about this as I have more energy on it.

caledonia

A very strange symptom is going on.....strange.

I am thinking of things from years ago, reliving the past. I am thinking of exes from the past, friends from the past...everything from the past is under a microscope. I am listening to songs from years ago, over and over. I have no idea what is going on. I am stuck. I feel completely stuck and I am feeling crazy because of it. It's not out of hand, but it could be. I am back in the year 1992. o_O

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyone have anything like this? It's odd to say the least.

I am going to stop the B12 for a few days, but I am not happy about this as I have more energy on it.

B12 affects memory. It might be good that some long ago memories are coming back. I play guitar. I've had waves where songs that I didn't even remember that I knew all of the sudden came back in complete form. Complicated songs that I learned back in the 1980s or 90s. Then they went away again back into the fog, but at least it was a glimmer. This is on a lot less B12 than you're taking.

If the thoughts are bothersome, you can try EFT on them. Or keep the B12 at a level where you're getting some energy, but the memories/thoughts are not so bothersome. If the thoughts are scary, you might be OCD-ing a bit. In which case, back off some.

ahmo

Now you've made me really curious...I had a long period of being inundated w/ everything from my past. I'd have to undertake a real search to be able to determine whether it was during the period when I was beginning B12. And I'm not sure what ended it, though each step I took to restoring minerals and B12, folate improved my mental state. I had to use any techniques I'd learned to disengage from the onslaught. Eventually, I came to feel very grateful for this period. I feel I've so thoroughly trawled through my past as to have laid it to rest, long before I, myself, am laid to rest.;)

Misfit Toy

Yes, it's driving me crazy. It is like OCD, minus compulsive behavior. It would be great if they were happy thoughts but I'm reliving things that were traumatic. It's like PTSD.

I need it to stop because I'm not in the here and now. I'm stuck back in time.

At this point, I'm not sure if it's b12 or perimeno pause. It started at that time of month but ten days later....it's still here.

Trying to untangle all that goes on with my body is close to impossible. Whack a mole.

Misfit Toy

Andy, thank you....I'm not going to take the B12 again today. Now I'm dealing with other problems.

I went for a walk yesterday and my feet are killing me. So...today is a "bed" day.

Plus, I have major histamine going on. Nose running and stuffed up. I need a miracle.