• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valentijn . where's website for controls for comparison?

taniaaust1

@Valentijn

I dont know how to figure out which at 23andME are mutations and which arent when I look something up, is there a trick to this? I really wish I could get my head around it.

Also where is that website where one can get raw data to compare for controls?

thanks

Valentijn

I dont know how to figure out which at 23andME are mutations and which arent when I look something up, is there a trick to this? I really wish I could get my head around it.
Basically by reading the research. Sometimes snpedia.com will have a good summary. If just looking for what's rare, there's "MAF/Minor Allele Count" near the top of the page for results at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/SNP/snp_ref.cgi?rs=
Also where is that website where one can get raw data to compare for controls?
opensnp.org has SNP data from various services which many people have shared. I downloaded all of that, deleted the ones that aren't from 23andMe, and pasted 12 non-fatigued people's results into an excel sheet to compare to our patient results.