• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation - 23andME Genetic Genie Results help

@Freddd

Sounds good. Another question... you mentioned you did not think glutathione supplementation was a good idea. The injectable and IV forms I'm getting seem to go a long way in helping my migraines, etc. Is it really a big issue to continue with glutathione if I am noticing benefits from it?

Freddd

@Freddd

Sounds good. Another question... you mentioned you did not think glutathione supplementation was a good idea. The injectable and IV forms I'm getting seem to go a long way in helping my migraines, etc. Is it really a big issue to continue with glutathione if I am noticing benefits from it?

Hi Sheppard,

I suffered from chronic daily headaches and 3-5 day killers each 2 weeks. These were caused by a forced reverse curvature of the neck caused by constant muscle tension caused by ME caused by the effect on muscles of partial methylation block. Botox is used to block the nerves reducing the pain perceived as headache because of "stereo location". If glutathione is working at reducing your pain the same way it reduced my pain it is by doing more damage to the nerves so they don't carry the message.

So the question is do you have the ME/CFS/FMS symptoms, otherwise known as partial methylation block, methyltrap and partial ATP block? If so had you ever gotten them healing so that when they came back you would notice? Otherwise if already present there is no harmful seeming change to notice. and so glutathione seems benign. In six weeks I and the other 9 doing the trial all quite because were all having additional nerve damage and return of hard methyltrap symptoms.

Also in my experience, those taking glutathione have no effect from MeCbl or AdoCbl or l-methylfolate. It completely blocked those. Healing takes a whole off before these vitamins begin to be effective and (re)start healing.