• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Too much dietary folate.

brenda

Can someone remind me please about what to take when one has a reaction to too much dietary folate? Thanks. I seem to remember that more b12 is needed which is hydroxy for me. I have eaten too much cabbage and it is causing severe diarrhorea.

brenda

The diarrhea may not be folate overdose; it may just be cabbage. How about some binding foods if you can't use pepto bismol?

Thanks. I can eat large amounts of cabbage usually. No l know the reaction as l used to get it when l was green juicing. It wore off in an hour or so. I took some extra folinic acid recently and thought that might be the cause.

Critterina

Ok, you know your body. Folinic acid, I've read, is a form your body can store and form into methylfolate when you need it (slowed by C677T mutations, of course.) Odd it would do that to you, but one thing I know from this site: we are all unique! :alien: