• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reduce Glutamate synthesis?

I have a high glutamate/Glutamine ratio on urine AA.

Anyone know how to shift this more towards the glutamine side?

richvank

I have a high glutamate/Glutamine ratio on urine AA.

Anyone know how to shift this more towards the glutamine side?

Hi, lampkld.

You might check your manganese level. The enzyme glutamine sythetase, which converts glutamate to glutamine, requires manganese. It also requires ATP, and increasing that requires getting the mitochondria working better. I think that ultimately this requires raising glutathione, which in turn requires lifting the partial methylation cycle block, but some benefit may be gotten by taking mitochondrial supplements. These include B complex (including biotin), magnesium, lipoic acid, adenosylcobalamin (sublingual), Co Q-10, carnitine fumarate, creatine, and phosphatidylcholine.

Best regards,

Rich

adreno

PR activist
NAC will help to clear excessive glutamate from the synapses, and protect against exitotoxicity.