• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnesium injections - I'm having weekly injections any feedback would be good

Hi

I'm having weekly magnesium injections (along with B12). Has anyone found that the magnesium has really helped. If so how long have they had them for?

xrunner

I had quite a few of those for months. They were initially good at relieving certain symptoms like fatigue and overstimulation but did not cure any underlying problem. In the end I had to give them up because they were affecting my blood pressure, thankfully.
With hindsight I believe they were counterproductive and contributed to setting me up with a huge biofilm problem, which isn't easy to get rid off.
My opinion? Ditch them! (unless you take at the same time some anti-biofilm and antibiotic stuff).

Mij

Hi

I'm having weekly magnesium injections (along with B12). Has anyone found that the magnesium has really helped. If so how long have they had them for?

I didn't find the Magnesium shots alone made much of a difference until I added Taurine to the mix. I was suffering with constant movement in my head and no stamina. What a difference after taking the shots, I felt like I had extra fuel in the tank, my brain was calm and I felt a sense of well being again.

I took 3 shots/week for a couple of months then stopped, and now I take them off and on. Best treatment to date.

just got my magnesium (red cell) and plamsa blood test results and after 24 magnesium injections my blood levels are still the same as before I started injected magnesium. How can this be???? exasberating