• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation crash vs. VIP (Vasoactive Intestinal Polypeptide) crash??

Rosebud Dairy

I have had a couple of minor crashes since starting back after learning of my single C677T

At least one was due to potassium, at least one was due to running out of B12/methylfolate, but I just have this lingering thought in the back of my mind that my post-exertional 2-day brain fog/brain fatigue/body pain/body fatigue, may also be somewhat related to my low VIP levels, which can contribute to these types of symptoms.

Has anyone treated BOTH together or apart?

Any differences in the type of crash, or are you just to crashed out like I was to quantify it well?

Freddd

I have had a couple of minor crashes since starting back after learning of my single C677T

At least one was due to potassium, at least one was due to running out of B12/methylfolate, but I just have this lingering thought in the back of my mind that my post-exertional 2-day brain fog/brain fatigue/body pain/body fatigue, may also be somewhat related to my low VIP levels, which can contribute to these types of symptoms.

Has anyone treated BOTH together or apart?

Any differences in the type of crash, or are you just to crashed out like I was to quantify it well?

Hi Rosebud Dairy,

I don't know about VIP. However, I've spent the better part of the last 9 years chasing down induced deficiencies and the next most limiting factor looking for the reasons of each crash. That is the story of my recent life, chasing down the cause of one crash or stall after another. I called it debugging. However, each of us can only debug ourselves or help coach others through the process. Good luck.

Rosebud Dairy

The accidentally shipped VIP is just sitting waiting in my fridge.

I am thinking I am safe to give it a try. I have jumped through all the Shoemaker hoops, and would love to improve my gut and my post exercise fatigue, but don't want to get blinders on re: inflammation or methylation