• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

does this mean my blood vessels are getting stronger?

lizw118

I had a funny experience today. I went to get blood drawn, the first time in around 3-4 months. The guy who drew my blood knew me from previous visits and asked if we had used the same vein a lot because the vein felt very tough and he was having a hard time getting through to get the blood. It was painful, actually. I wondered if this could have been because the vein/epithelium was getting stronger from the methylation protocol. Does anyone know if there is a relationship? Is it a bad thing that the vein is tougher now?
Liz

Freddd

I had a funny experience today. I went to get blood drawn, the first time in around 3-4 months. The guy who drew my blood knew me from previous visits and asked if we had used the same vein a lot because the vein felt very tough and he was having a hard time getting through to get the blood. It was painful, actually. I wondered if this could have been because the vein/epithelium was getting stronger from the methylation protocol. Does anyone know if there is a relationship? Is it a bad thing that the vein is tougher now?
Liz

Hi Liz,

The vein is composed of endothelial tissue, or at least lined with it. However, it too is affected by mb12 and methylfolate. Endothelial dysfunction can be caused by mb12/mfolate deficiency. I have no idea if healing that would result in a tougher vein but it can improve vein and artery health.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Liz

For me it means scar tissue from too many "pokes!"

Sushi

lizw118

For me it means scar tissue from too many "pokes!"

Sushi

Yeah, that was what he was saying, but I always switch arms for blood draws, and I had not had blood drawn in a long time so it seemed strange. But, it probably was scar tissue. Wishful thinking...I was hoping it was the endothelial tissue, as freddd said!
Liz

shannah

When they were were having trouble putting needles in my veins, I was told that I was severely dehydrated.