• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have success from Cheney's treatments?

Cheney seems to be going in different directions with treatments. Has anyone had success with any of his treatments? Any insight greatly apprecaited!

Is that how much he charges? I've heard his fees are steep, but didn't know what they were. He seems to keep his treatments pretty close to the vest.

dannybex

I'm not sure about $8,999, but that's probably pretty close. I've seen $7,000 for the first appointment, and $1500 for a phone call. Dr. Klimas has a better track record -- actual recovered patients, or patients recovering -- than Dr. Cheney, for a much lower cost. Not to mention other 'no-name docs around the country.

I've never, ever heard of a single patient of Cheney's who has gone into remission or has recovered, but they may be out there of course.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Part of Cheneys protocol - for those who cannot afford to go to him personally

Agents from Cheney Protocol Predicted to Down-Regulate NO/ONOO- Cycle Biochemistry

High dose hydroxocobalamin (B12) injectionsnitric oxide scavenger

Whey proteinglutathione precursor

Guaifenesinvanilloid antagonist?

NMDA blockers

Magnesiumlowers NMDA activity

Taurineantioxidant and acts to lower excitotoxicity including NMDA activity

GABA agonistsGABA acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter to lower NMDA activitythese include the drug neurotin (gabapentin)

Histamine blockersmast cells which release histamine are activated by both nitric oxide and vanilloid stimulation (Chapter 7) and may therefore be part of the cycle mechanism

Betaine hydrochloride (HCl)Betaine lowers reductive stress, the hydrochloride form should only be used in those with low stomach acid. Betaine (trimethylglycine) is also listed separately in the protocol description

Flavonoids, including bioflavonoids, olive leaf extract, organic botanicals, hawthorn extract

Vitamin E (forms not listed)

Coenzyme Q10acts both as antioxidant and to stimulate mitochondrial function

a-lipoic acid

Selenium

Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids

Melatoninas an antioxidant

Pyridoxal phosphateimproves glutamate/GABA ratio

Folic acidlowers uncoupling of nitric oxide synthases

http://www.thetenthparadigm.org/therapy.htm

SaveMe

I'm not sure about $8,999, but that's probably pretty close. I've seen $7,000 for the first appointment, and $1500 for a phone call. Dr. Klimas has a better track record -- actual recovered patients, or patients recovering -- than Dr. Cheney, for a much lower cost. Not to mention other 'no-name docs around the country.

I've never, ever heard of a single patient of Cheney's who has gone into remission or has recovered, but they may be out there of course.

"A typical initial two day visit will cost between $8,000 USD and $9,000 USD plus or minus $1,000 USD. I called and they told me to expect to pay in the range of $9000-$10000" Follow-up visits are for one day, and cost typically between $4,000 USD and $6,000 USD "

Source: My personal phone call (they wont negotiate with you either--even if your a poor college student) and http://www.cheneyclinic.com/prospective-patients/costs

So your looking at roughly $15,000+ and at your exit they give you a nice big lolli pop and say "have a nice day, get well soon!"

DannyBex, that seems too low, unless the person you are referring to had connections with Dr Cheney.

Ian

There is no shortage of scam artists lining up to take money from desperate sick people.