• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS stopped with outbreak of autoimmune disease

pattismith

Would it then be expected that Chlamydia may downregulate P2X7, and that could explain the temporary improvement?
I don't think Chlamydia downregulates P2X7. On the contrary!

P2X7 activation is an answer to Chlamydia infection that protects the host and lead to lowering of the chlamydial load.

So what I understand from these papers is that Chlamydia can show up when P2X7 is underactive (when ME/CFS has a break for unknown reason).

The other hypothesis could be that Martin has a problem to clear Chlamydia because of a failure of P2X7 activation, which resolves from time to time (for example if P2X7 is activated by LPS from gut bacteria), leading to clearance of the skin problem, lowering of the chlamydia load and producing the rising of the ME/CFS.

The thing that we don't know yet is if an intracellular low grade chlamydia persistence could trigger some persistent immune activation (with elevated TNF alpa and/or activated P2X7)

Last edited:
When it comes to ME or any similar illness it's about whether your under the infection (ME) or over the infection ("autoimmune ")

I think it all comes down to nervous system function , get your nervous system in control and body will mount a proper response to the infections , if nervous system is out of wack the body won't mount response and infections will be chronic . In order to beat M.E you have to beat the cellular stress but that's tough in a disease where all senses are hypersensitive . The first step in getting nervous system in check is exercise , but when you exercise and nervous system calms down the inflammatory response to the neuro infection gets stronger and than the hypersensitivity of the senses gets worse ...

This happened to me last year after simplifying everything and doing things the old fashioned way of getting healthy. All my anxiety and depression stopped , my food reactions stopped , my energy and mindset were great I felt calm and euphoric but motivated and energized at the same time . And right when this happens I got sick for the first time in 10 years with a bad chest cold and fever and than started having serious motor function issues similar to M.S or CIDP . Than I slept with a girl and caught hsv 1 and everything went to hell, now I'm back to where I was but much much worse

Last edited:

xrayspex

When it comes to ME or any similar illness it's about whether your under the infection (ME) or over the infection ("autoimmune ")

I think it all comes down to nervous system function , get your nervous system in control and body will mount a proper response to the infections , if nervous system is out of wack the body won't mount response and infections will be chronic . In order to beat M.E you have to beat the cellular stress but that's tough in a disease where all senses are hypersensitive . The first step in getting nervous system in check is exercise , but when you exercise and nervous system calms down the inflammatory response to the neuro infection gets stronger and than the hypersensitivity of the senses gets worse ...

This happened to me last year after simplifying everything and doing things the old fashioned way of getting healthy. All my anxiety and depression stopped , my food reactions stopped , my energy and mindset were great I felt calm and euphoric but motivated and energized at the same time . And right when this happens I got sick for the first time in 10 years with a bad chest cold and fever and than started having serious motor function issues similar to M.S or CIDP . Than I slept with a girl and caught hsv 1 and everything went to hell, now I'm back to where I was but much much worse
Muddy your ideas make sense to me......some days it does feel like you can't win for losing.....like whack a mole.....

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hello Martin, I know you are now very severe and that maybe you won't be able to read my post,
but I wanted to share with you this information that could be the answer to your question.

I found these infos in these scientific articles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5808178/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1798459/

To sum up, Chlamydia Trachomatis can induce skin lesion that are similar to psoriasis, but the name is different:

keratoderma blenorrhagicum

Myalgic Encephalitis is believed to be linked with activated inflammation with elevated TNF-alpha and activated P2X7 receptors.
By the way both activated P2X7 and TNF-alpha have shown to protect against Chlamydia!

So your ME/CFS may be linked to P2X7 activation and/or TNF-alpha elevation, which immediatly put under control your chlamydia, and makes your skin lesions disappear.

If this is right, treatment to lower these immune activation may help you

Thank you!!!! But I am 100% it was psoriasis b/c I was tested

pattismith

Thank you!!!! But I am 100% it was psoriasis b/c I was tested
Martin, if you read the 2th link i put in my message, you will see that test cannot make a difference between pso and keratoderma:

"Keratoderma blenorrhagicum is both grossly and histologically indistinguishable from pustular psoriasis.3 It almost always involves the soles and palms, but also involves the nails, scalp and extremities.4"

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Martin, if you read the 2th link i put in my message, you will see that test cannot make a difference between pso and keratoderma:

"Keratoderma blenorrhagicum is both grossly and histologically indistinguishable from pustular psoriasis.3 It almost always involves the soles and palms, but also involves the nails, scalp and extremities.4"
But pso looks different... and I had psoriasis guttata which really looks different... can’t read the link to low in energy:-( thank you

pattismith

But pso looks different... and I had psoriasis guttata which really looks different... can’t read the link to low in energy:-( thank you

You are certainly right, Psoriasis guttata is probably different.

Is Psoriasis runing in your family?

leokitten

@Martin aka paused||M.E. I’ve had a rarer form of psoriasis since my late teens. It was the same severity for many years. When I got ME the strong immune activation immediately made the psoriasis far worse, and for the entire immune activation phase the first few years it stayed worse.

As with others then the ME immune activation reduced to the level I have now and the psoriasis also reduced. Now it only gets worse during strong crashes.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

@Martin aka paused||M.E. I’ve had a rarer form of psoriasis since my late teens. It was the same severity for many years. When I got ME the strong immune activation immediately made the psoriasis far worse, and for the entire immune activation phase the first few years it stayed worse.

As with others then the ME immune activation reduced to the level I have now and the psoriasis also reduced. Now it only gets worse during strong crashes.
i had a TH2 shift (pso) and now a TH1 shift (ME)

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Attachments

• A1A22571-BDA3-45A6-9231-BBAC087100F0.jpeg
    A1A22571-BDA3-45A6-9231-BBAC087100F0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25

leokitten

jimbo423 I think oxidative stress in the skeletal muscles causes lipid peroxidative, damage to the cell membranes, and this causes the immune response in cfs , but it started with the oxidative stress in the muscles