• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS stopped with outbreak of autoimmune disease

vision blue

One specific question i have is how about the *memory* symptom of CFS. Could you do a before/after short term memory test both when in a AI flare and when in a CFS "flare"? If you do, please PM me with results since those willl come to email and I may need to be off here again for a while. I'd like to know if that also improves during an AI flare.

i also have found distracting my immune system leads to systemic improvement and sometimes even when i injure a limb and it swells think of the positive side that it will mean a decrease in some other systemic symptoms. I always feel like i cycle between clusters of symptoms. and sometimes when paritculary bad, i wonder if i shoujld create something to give my immune system something better to do .

Wishful

I think oxidative stress in the skeletal muscles causes lipid peroxidative, damage to the cell membranes, and this causes the immune response in cfs , but it started with the oxidative stress in the muscles

There's also physical damage to the cells when you strain them beyond their present capability; you actually tear the cells apart. The immune system recognizes the fragments as foreign molecules and goes to work to clean them up. Likewise, the immune cells probably respond to the molecules and structures that leak out of the cell's interior. Oxidative stress in muscles might be one possible trigger for immune system activation, but it's by no means the only one.