• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zoonoses: The Diseases Our Cats and Dogs Give Us

Wolfcub

We are such fragile beings, prey to these tiny things called bacteria and viruses. They are all over the place, little blighters.

But...I was the fittest and healthiest I have ever been when I shared life with my dog, got licked by my dog, got mud in my bed, shared a biscuit (her eating one end, me the other), blew raspberries on her sticky belly, probably didn't wash my hands well enough before touching my eyes and mouth, and got dragged out in rain and snow to play frisbee :rofl:

antares4141

Dogs are great. I went without one from 2002 when my last one died to 2018 cause of my concerns about whether the dander can help drive my illness and the responsibility. Mine brings red new mexico clay onto my sheet's every day. You get used to it after awhile. I would like to get her a playmate but she is more than I can handle and I'm thinking while she would like a wing man to hunt rabbits with she doesn't want the competition for food and affection and having to share my bed with me is bad enough.

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
and on the other hand, they can help us so much... they'll never never doubt what we say and call us liars, they just give us the same love we give them and that's it. In a way, they behave the exact same way we wished humans did

Wolfcub

and having to share my bed with me is bad enough.
Oh that really made me smile @antares4141 :lol: They do like to stretch out full length and take over in our beds don't they?
Was the dander any trouble to you? I think I never noticed it wth my dog but I am not really allergic to anything that I'm aware of.
It's good you've got a dog. Yes they take more energy to look after, but their companionship is wonderful.

antares4141

She will lay perpendicularly across my bed almost to say to me that I can lay on her bed down on the floor. I don't really think the dander affects me. Mold will make me bed ridden but anything else I am not aware of. I suspect dust out here but I really don't know. The companionship is wonderful! And I love to talk about her but would probably bore everybody on this forum.

antares4141

:D @antares4141 Then you are just going to love This Thread

Definitely! But just so I can brag about how great my dog is! I posted there. Hope it's not too off-putting. They only allow 8 photos, I wasn't able to post the one she made of the skid mark on my floor. And her sitting in her favorite spot on the center console of my car. But I was able to post 9 youtube videos I uploaded.