• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why are people so Healthy in Japan?

BeADocToGoTo1

A little off track, but there is an English spoken/subtitled Japanese culture television station called NHK that I end up watching once in a while since some of the shows are very soothing. Not the usual shouty, epileptic fit inducing fast edited programming. Even the news, is real news not 4 people shouting opinions at one another. Lots on Japanese food and culture.

YippeeKi YOW !!

A little off track, but there is an English spoken/subtitled Japanese culture television station called NHK that I end up watching once in a while since some of the shows are very soothing. Not the usual shouty, epileptic fit inducing fast edited programming. Even the news, is real news not 4 people shouting opinions at one another. Lots on Japanese food and culture.
It's one of my favorites too, and for pretty much the same reasons :woot::woot: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :xeyes:.

For others interested in checking it out, you can find it on one of your PBS stations, usually in the AM.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Here's their YouTube channel.

NHK World