• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who do you contact if you suspect you have an rare mutation?

fishboy9320

I suspect I have an variant in my CRHR1 gene that leads to double the amount produced leading to unbearable stress and health condition deteriorating. So because my CRHR1 levels are higher things are more stressful to me that otherwise wouldn't be for the normal person, and overtime this effect builds up in the form of memories and just gets worse and worse. Where as in a normal person they would have an blunted reaction to things that make me anxious so their levels remain balanced. while mine gets out of control. But also too little of this gene can have the same effect, in that you don't form memories and thus learn to overcome it. Some of my family has it as well one parent and two siblings out of 3. I also know some people whose parents dont have it but they do. Does the mutation have to already be discovered for me to find it on a genetic data? natural things found in the body used are the best. stress has the biggest impact on gut and brain. would be funny if people got this as well so called confident smart people together with celiac to see how fine and confident they would still be if such virus infection existed. Always call me out lets see you

Last edited:

katabasis

A geneticist would be able to help identify whether this is an issue for you, though you may need to get a referral for one from your primary care physician (or another physician you see).

That said, you may also be able to identify genetic mutations through genetic testing you can do yourself. Direct-to-consumer genetic testing services like 23andme or Nebula will usually provide your complete test results if requested -- basically a huge list of data. From there, you can use a secondary genetic analysis service like Prometheus to scan more deeply for mutations. Alternatively, if you do your research and identify the SNPs that correspond to the gene you're interested in, you can comb through the data yourself.