• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which tests to ask for RE EBV and HHV6?

Forummember9922

I am curious which HHV6 or EBV tests I might ask for with an upcoming infectious disease doctor?

Any advice is appreciated

Additional backstory - I had a first time HSV1 outbreak with my CFS onset and was put on Valtrex. I was not sure what it was doing though and certainly have not felt like my former self since onset.

I recently lowered Valtrex to see how I feel and I feel terrible, realizing I was getting relief from it- so I am going to take it until my next appointment.

When I look at the heatmap of antivirals and their effectiveness, I see Valtrex is more effective at targeting EBV than HHV6- so maybe that means I should be gunning against EBV. I also might start a personal trial of Tenofovir soon, which sounds like a lot if I combine it with Valtrex, So i will have to sort that out. Wondering if I should try and get Valcyte though. I think it's progress how many arrows point to these herpes viruses. I think the reaffirmations of old findings are cementing the truths..

Attachments

• 1650819878185.png
    1650819878185.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 10

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I would see if the doctor will test your immunoglobulin levels too. Some of us have deficiencies. For instance I have IgM deficiency and have been told that could possibly affect the antibody testing result accuracy.

Edit: If you can possibly get Valcyte, I would.

Forummember9922

I would see if the doctor will test your immunoglobulin levels too. Some of us have deficiencies. For instance I have IgM deficiency and have been told that could possibly affect the antibody testing result accuracy.

Edit: If you can possibly get Valcyte, I would.
I may try Tenofovir first and if I dont improve on that for 6 months then Valcyte 6 months. My current strategy blueprint anyways.