• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is Diolein and why is it stuck in me?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
A simple question i would have thought, but not much clarity on the issue by googling - not that my poor brain can understand anyway.

So what is Diolein? and why is it stuck onto my mitochondrial membranes? and how can i get it off? how can i stop it coming back?

justy

I sppent quite a lot of money on translocator protein studies, and this is what it says (amongst other things) and i don't understand it.
Please help!
someone here must have some idea about all this, otherwise the test was a complete waste of money (well id say it was anyway)

All the best, Justy.

Jenny

I believe diolein is a pro-inflammatory fatty acid. So probably not a good thing to have in you. I think it's in, or results from the ingestion of, certain cooking oils.

I'm afraid I don't know what one can do about it - I've had these Acumen tests and although a lot of abnormalities came up I didn't get any useful suggestions for treatment.

I'm sure others will know more.

Jenny

justy

Thanks Jenny for the reply - yes i agree that this particular test doesnt seem that useful, other than doing FAR saunas, which is recommended anyway. Oh well!

Thanks anyway, Justy.