• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Website that helps chronically ill find flexible jobs

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
Just yesterday I read an article about a young woman with chronic lyme who has started a website that connects people with chronic illness to jobs that are remote and/or flexible. That's amazing!! The website is called Chronically Capable, and the URL is www.wearecapable.org

I have no connection with the website, but I went to BU so I just happened to see this article in our alumni magazine: https://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/lyme-disease-set-her-back-and-pushed-her-forward/

I hope that this website is a success, because I've seen so many people here who want to work, earn money, and feel productive, but can't find a job that is ME/CFS friendly. There's definitely a need for this service!

Zebra

Just yesterday I read an article about a young woman with chronic lyme who has started a website that connects people with chronic illness to jobs that are remote and/or flexible. That's amazing!! The website is called Chronically Capable, and the URL is www.wearecapable.org

I have no connection with the website, but I went to BU so I just happened to see this article in our alumni magazine: https://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/lyme-disease-set-her-back-and-pushed-her-forward/

I hope that this website is a success, because I've seen so many people here who want to work, earn money, and feel productive, but can't find a job that is ME/CFS friendly. There's definitely a need for this service!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS WITH US ALL!

I am not able to engage in any type of work at this time, but I spend a lot of time thinking about how I might be able to earn an income in the future. I will definitely check this out.

Thanks again!!!