• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin D and Viruses that can trigger Me/CFS

uglevod

Regarding kidney stones.. zero oxalates diet should help too. There are certain foods that contain no oxalates like meat and white rice which could be made a staple ones...

sam.d

Excuse my brain fog. So what does this say? Is vitamin D supplementation good or bad for ME/CFS?

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
Excuse my brain fog. So what does this say? Is vitamin D supplementation good or bad for ME/CFS?
So far indifferent, and you might want to have a look here (which indeed should confirm that it is indifferent, I guess).

But at time of infection the blockage might have done something, which could have caused things to change.
I mean, it would be saying something, if it turned out that any action on the receptor is part of the pathogenesis, or one possible part of it.

In my case I reason that the blockage elevated intracellular manganese (article) (after already borrelia may have caused too much manganese actions), and that such elevated action induced by manganese has caused something. Also epigentics might have recorded a high managnese action, repeating it now.

Edit: I think that especially intracellular ions in the basal ganglia and the thalamus are out of health providing homeostasis. Ion currents are e.g. influencable by manganese, mainly to a disadvantage (thread to be completed), but - or and - also EBV has been shown to transiently alter a current (potassium, I think it was). Three other virues have been shown to alter ion currents, but in different manner to each other (thread to be done).

Last edited: