• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VDR testing

Hi,
this is my first post. I'm currently looking into GcMAF as a possible treatment.
I have seen a Prof. Ruggiero's presentation where he said that response to GcMAF depends on which VDR genotype. On that basis they have observed that about 30% of the population responds well to the treatment, another 50% less well and the remaining 20% do not respond at all.
Has anybody had this test in Europe? Where do they do it and what cost?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi,
this is my first post. I'm currently looking into GcMAF as a possible treatment.
I have seen a Prof. Ruggiero's presentation where he said that response to GcMAF depends on which VDR genotype. On that basis they have observed that about 30% of the population responds well to the treatment, another 50% less well and the remaining 20% do not respond at all.
Has anybody had this test in Europe? Where do they do it and what cost?

I had it at RedLabs in Brussels, though I am in the States and had to send my blood by FedEx. It is not an expensive test (don't remember but maybe 65 euros?). However, RedLabs and Amy Yasko's lab in the States have reported different results on the same patients so we are not quite sure of the accuracy of the results from either lab.

Still, I think most people use RedLabs. They have a website that is easy to find.

Best wishes,
Sushi

lobba123

you may also check for osteoporosis labs or specialized centers, i had in in my country because many university hospitals were making statistical research for it and correlation with osteoporosis/cancer development

i saw also many private labs but redlabs or universities should be much more reliable

Lou

I think it's entirely a waste of money and time. First, your actual vdr status is muddied water inasmuch as different labs have given different results making it a matter of who's right or if any of these labs are accurate. It seems to me the data of our little PR group taking gcmaf has shown its effectiveness has little or nothing to do with vdr status as measured by these labs. Other factors may be better indicators as has been discussed on gcmaf threads.

For what it's worth I'd say save the 100 bucks for the test and put it on your purchase price of some good ole gcmaf. After all, trying it has been the only sure-fire method I've seen as to whether it's going to work. Good luck.

lobba123

well in my case it is totally free of charge...italian healthcare....i didn t even need to move to have it.as to cfs i dont know what the data will prove for cfs
as to hbv, hiv and immune system out of cfs there is clear data from prof ruggiero and a ff/BB is definitely wasted time on gcmaf

I think it's entirely a waste of money and time. First, your actual vdr status is muddied water inasmuch as different labs have given different results making it a matter of who's right or if any of these labs are accurate. It seems to me the data of our little PR group taking gcmaf has shown its effectiveness has little or nothing to do with vdr status as measured by these labs. Other factors may be better indicators as has been discussed on gcmaf threads.

For what it's worth I'd say save the 100 bucks for the test and put it on your purchase price of some good ole gcmaf. After all, trying it has been the only sure-fire method I've seen as to whether it's going to work. Good luck.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Pilgrim,

ff/BB refers to the results of the genetic test of the VDR. F is Fok 1 and B is BSM 1. These are "letters" in the DNA of the VDR. The best combination in Ruggiero's research is FF/bb. You get one F and one B from each parent.

The capital or lower case letter refers to whether you have a particular polymorphism in that allele (letter).

Sushi

lobba123

a statistical study at a university on correlation between osteoporosis, cancers, kidney disease and vdr.

you may try to contact some italian universities for this but this was about a year ago and study maybe terminated.bologna, florence and rome univeristies may have that study

be aware ruggiero study was not on cfs bu hiv and cancers, i guess we have to wait doctor der merlier for data on cfs

Ciao Lobba123,
I don't understand what ff/BB is...
can you tell where you had the test done? are you having the treatment?