• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte uses 2nd,3rd or 4th courses?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
And I have responded well to the older tenofovir.
Do you mean the Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate when you say "older tenofovir?"

Now that time has lapsed was there a difference in the two for you...the Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate vs the Tenofovir Alafenamide?

I read somewhere but can't remember where, maybe in one of these threads, that they work differently.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Do you mean the Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate when you say "older tenofovir?"

Now that time has lapsed was there a difference in the two for you...the Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate vs the Tenofovir Alafenamide?

I read somewhere but can't remember where, maybe in one of these threads, that they work differently.

It was a few years back but the tenofovir disoproxil I improved on and felt better. I can't explain why eg lower viral titres or something like that. Just felt felt better, maybe anti inflammatory effect but I really don't know. When I tried tenofovir Alafenamide I can't say I noticed much at all.
For me personally I can't go past famvir helping me the most, but it takes time to get things under control. Although not related to covid, I use it as a time line. Before covid I was doing well and able to train hard with my weights twice a week. When covid started, there were supply issues with famvir so I relapsed and was getting famvir irregularly. Even though I used valtrex when I didn't have famvir, it just doesn't do the trick. Different types of headaches and more often etc and my ability to exercise was gone. Now I've been back on famvir regularly for atleast 18 months, maybe longer, I've been able to get back to hard weight training twice a week for the last 3 months. Headaches aren't as often or as severe and the reoccurring shingles is alot less often.
I'm not saying it will work for anyone, just that it works for me.

Cheers 🍻