• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unique biochemistry

Anyone who has followed my story will know that I am continuing to experience a dramatic recovery from ME/CFS because of taking atorvastatin (80mg per day).

I have been wondering if this drug could possibly help anyone else. So recently, I wrote to Dr Jacob Teitelbaum. He replied that "everybody has a unique biochemistry ... it is not uncommon that people stumble over something that uniquely helps them".

As far as my muscle soreness is concerned, that continues to improve. Otherwise, my body is also taking time to restore my sleep/ wake cycle back to its normal pattern.

Wishful

Very true. Both T2 and cumin are really effective for me, so I was surprised that no one else got improvements from them. I don't even have any theories for why the work for me. Well. T2 might boost some RNA transcription, but that's pretty vague for a theory.

Unique biochemistry indeed.