• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying New Anti-viral and Anti-bacerial protocol

Hello all! I thought I would post here my new regiment that I am trying. A doctor familiar with the high titers of different virus, bacterials, and fungus we can have started a treatment protocol. I feel it's sound enough to try since I am only three years if not less with CFS. Basically every few months we test me blood to see what is showing in high levels. From there I get prescribed an anti-viral for a couple months slowly increasing my dosage over time and giving my body periods of being off the anti-viral. Then I go back or more blood work and follow-up to see if anything more shows up and if my titers come down.

I just started the protocol. First week is 800 mg of Acylovir for three days them off of it for four days. Here is what I noticed:

Day 1 - I didn't notice much change. You do have to take this medication with food.
Day 2 - I was ok till late afternoon when I noticed a change. Fever like chills without a fever, more muscle and joint aches, and more exhausted then normal.
Day 3 - More exhaustion from the start. No chills. Just a bit sore.
Day 4 - first day off med. just extremely exhausted. Can't seem to get enough rest.

Ruthie24

Interesting! Did your doctor explain the rationale behind this approach? I'd be curious to hear it. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)