• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thyroid's out, Having Problems with Adrenals-ACE is being tried.

Misfit Toy

I so love this one, too. A friend posted this on my FB wall when I was a mess. I laughed so loud, I snorted. Laughing is medicine.
image.jpeg

Misfit Toy

@daisybell -I'm on a higher dose of medicine and doing better. Not as anxious, etc. I've gotten out. But, I just found out it could take 6 months to a year for my voice to come back and if it doesn't, I'll have to have surgery on the vocal cord.

I just feel like I keep getting hit. Over and over.

daisybell

So glad the higher dose is helping..
What's up with your vocal cord(s)? They're very easily damaged by thyroid surgery because the nerve supply is so close to the thyroid.... Have they given you a diagnosis for your voice? PM me if you would like - I'm not a huge expert but have done quite a bit of work as a speech pathologist in the area of voice....