• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Researcher in Ron Davis' Lab

lenora

Hi Matthew.....No, I've never heard of such a woman. You may do better by asking the Moderators directly. All are very helpful. Yours Lenora.

Yes Dr. Davis talked about it in a semi recent talk that he gave I think at one of the more recent OMF forum conferences.

Basically she was moderate-severe and mostly bedbound (yet somehow managed to support herself financially from home working from her laptop in bed... which is pretty impressive if I'm remembering that right).

He said her path back to health was at some point she figure out how to pace herself to where she never crashed again and slowly regained ability and stamina after a number of years until she was totally cured.

To my understanding she is able to go on massive hikes and ride bikes and live a normal life.

So it sounds like she disciplined herself very well to avoid crashing and also got pretty lucky in that she slowly recovered.

Idk about you but PACEing can be one of the most challenging things in the world... at least for me its a massive struggle. I can manage good for a few weeks but then I'll push it just a little too much and go kaput.

Would be interesting to talk to her and see exactly how it played out for her.

Rufous McKinney

He said her path back to health was at some point she figure out how to pace herself to where she never crashed again and slowly regained ability and stamina after a number of years until she was totally cured.

I've been- more effectively pacing. I'd say I've improved- noticeably. I'm encouraged.

But it also involves immense amounts of not doing and the COVID Thing - stay home- it has served me well.